Spare Tire Kit

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Was wondering about using the tire size used on the BMW solution by @kjechel 115/95/17 vs the RL tire size of 155/70/17. Would the spare sit lower with the 115 vs 155 in the well. Like the RL solution better vs BMW. Just thinking. Thanks.
I don't know. 155 is already very narrow compared to the 265 tires on the car. Also, don't know the RL spare wheel specs, so don't know if a 115 tire would fit OK on the rim. And I don't think the spare would sit lower as the tire isn't really wider then the wheel itself.
Sponsored

Pow-Pow

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
I don't know. 155 is already very narrow compared to the 265 tires on the car. Also, don't know the RL spare wheel specs, so don't know if a 115 tire would fit OK on the rim. And I don't think the spare would sit lower as the tire isn't really wider then the wheel itself.
According to Acura Parts websites the RL uses a 42700-SJA-J52 rim where the RLX uses a 42700-TK4-A51 rim. The RLX rim doesn't look as high as the RL rim but hard to tell without the specs. Saw where the RLX rim is available for $55 locally. Just trying to come up with a solution that lays down flat in the wheel well. The older RL rim appears to have a different design that at least from pictures appears to be higher. The RLX rim is used on a 2020 RLX so wonder if they produced a updated rim from the RL.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
According to Acura Parts websites the RL uses a 42700-SJA-J52 rim where the RLX uses a 42700-TK4-A51 rim. The RLX rim doesn't look as high as the RL rim but hard to tell without the specs. Saw where the RLX rim is available for $55 locally. Just trying to come up with a solution that lays down flat in the wheel well. The older RL rim appears to have a different design that at least from pictures appears to be higher. The RLX rim is used on a 2020 RLX so wonder if they produced a updated rim from the RL.
If you want the spare to lay flat, the only option is the BWM wheel... That solution wasn't good for me has i don't want to mess with the holes in the wheel.

Pow-Pow

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
If you want the spare to lay flat, the only option is the BWM wheel... That solution wasn't good for me has i don't want to mess with the holes in the wheel.
I do not want to mess with the holes as well. Just saying am seeing differences with the RL rim & the RLX rim, lug nuts are different as well.

KingCollector

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 TL MT, 2024 Integra Type-S
I do not want to mess with the holes as well. Just saying am seeing differences with the RL rim & the RLX rim, lug nuts are different as well.
I fit the BMW rim this weekend. Was really quite easy, just a bit tedious with taking the tire on and off while you torque it.

Westhaver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Just to add my experience to this.

The spare wheel from my wife's 2019 Pilot fits the rear of the Integra. The wheel is 17x4" with 5x120 bolt pattern and fits on the rear with all kinds of brake clearance. I doubt it would fit the front but didn't try because I would only plan to use it on the rear. if I have a front puncture I would shuffle back to front and then put the spare on the rear.

The tire on the Pilot is obviously too big but I went to a u-pull salvage yard and grabbed one out of a Honda Odyssey for $35 which uses the same part number wheel and a different tire size which is more compatible (135/80/17 I believe). This setup fits in the spare tire area but the cover sits up maybe 1/2". My next step is likely to order the 115/95/17 tire from the BMW spare option thread and hope that gets it flush, it should be very close.

OEM Honda and modern enough that the same lug nuts should work.
Sponsored