Sticky/Jerky Steering issue

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I got mine back a few days ago and the steering centers back really well. The only thing i'm noticing is that it is really hard to turn, even in Comfort mode. Almost like its just stuck in "Sport" steering mode.

Did you experience any of this? If so, did it get better over time as you were driving to wear it out so to say? I don't want to drop it back at the dealership if I can avoid it.

I just feel like I'm missing out on the luxury features the drive modes offered with steering if they all just feel the same.
I got mine replaced and it is back to its original feeling when I bought the car. All of the modes feel unique as well. They are subtle but noticeably different. I would def bring it up to your service manager and demo a side by side comparison with a new integra they have on their lot

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Summer is approaching and the outside temps are getting nice again, regularly 20+C sorry I don't speak freedomheit. I just finished a 400 km round trip to the cottage and back, and my steering was flawless all weekend. Manual steering and lane keep with cruise control felt as smooth as new. Not two weeks ago it was notchy as fuck, lane keep was borderline dangerous, all while it was cold and raining outside. The problem first appeared in the fall when it was getting cooler and wetter. Are a few degrees of ambient temperature really causing all this? I'm perplexed.

Integration

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra MT A Spec
Summer is approaching and the outside temps are getting nice again, regularly 20+C sorry I don't speak freedomheit. I just finished a 400 km round trip to the cottage and back, and my steering was flawless all weekend. Manual steering and lane keep with cruise control felt as smooth as new. Not two weeks ago it was notchy as fuck, lane keep was borderline dangerous, all while it was cold and raining outside. The problem first appeared in the fall when it was getting cooler and wetter. Are a few degrees of ambient temperature really causing all this? I'm perplexed.
I have the same experience. It is weird, but it is very real.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
The one and only time I felt it was on a cooler day. I did 400
miles (freedom units) this past week and didn't feel any issues. Bonus is that I measured 38.5mpg (freedoms units of gas; car said i was getting 39.9mpg when i pulled up to the pump) and was cruising 75-80 most of the trip.

I have the same experience. It is weird, but it is very real.

Sponsored

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
I should have the steering rack replaced in 2 weeks.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Finally got around to taking my car to get some warranty items checked. Also remembered to mention the steering issue this time. Getting a new steering rack covered under warranty. Was going to receive a call back on when that will be accomplished (I assume it’ll be on some type of back order). But hopefully it was just a bad batch

Sponsored

Integration

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra MT A Spec
got mine replaced, fixed with updated part. now it's doing it again 3500 miles later...
This is exactly what I’m afraid of. I’m scheduled to have mine done, just waiting on the part. Has anyone else had repair followed by recurrence?

boosted_canoe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Si
This is exactly what I’m afraid of. I’m scheduled to have mine done, just waiting on the part. Has anyone else had repair followed by recurrence?
i reset the steering angle sensor learned values and also cleared a couple EPS related codes (something about EPS /cruise control and another about steering angle); although the codes might be from when i disconnected the battery. anyways, did that, and rotated my tires/filled them up to 36 PSI and steering effort feels normal again. i wonder if the ECU has "learned values" for steering effort and adapts to your driving style. that could be why sometimes it feels stiffer and sometimes lighter.
Sponsored