Sponsored

Too Old For ITS?

Steve48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes EQA, BMW 330e. ITS On Order.
Soooo...we currently live in Ireland and will be returning home to Canada next year. I have a deposit in at a local Canadian dealer to get one back half of next year. I will be turning 55 end of next year. How old is too old for this car? I am a huge car enthusiast and have owned many amazing cars (including the original ITR back in the day, several M cars, a P car, Audi S models, etc...). Something about the ITS just speaks to me...sporty, beautiful, manual, with enough creature comforts.

I am hoping to drive the ITS as my really fun daily driver (that is also spacious, safe, reliable), and buy a really fun collectable car (BMW 1M?) to pamper every weekend.
Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I would need to refer to the manual but I believe there are no age restrictions to the Type S. Or any car for that matter.

Enjoy your new ITS!

For what it's worth, the below car is owned by a 55 year old gentlemen.
IMG_20230901_165729.jpg

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Soooo...we currently live in Ireland and will be returning home to Canada next year. I have a deposit in at a local Canadian dealer to get one back half of next year. I will be turning 55 end of next year. How old is too old for this car? I am a huge car enthusiast and have owned many amazing cars (including the original ITR back in the day, several M cars, a P car, Audi S models, etc...). Something about the ITS just speaks to me...sporty, beautiful, manual, with enough creature comforts.

I am hoping to drive the ITS as my really fun daily driver (that is also spacious, safe, reliable), and buy a really fun collectable car (BMW 1M?) to pamper every weekend.
There is no age limit, other than beyond the physical capability to drive. If you enjoy any particular car, get it. Itā€™s for you and has nothing to do with age

OP
OP

Steve48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes EQA, BMW 330e. ITS On Order.
I would need to refer to the manual but I believe there are no age restrictions to the Type S. Or any car for that matter.

Enjoy your new ITS!

For what it's worth, the below car is owned by a 55 year old gentlemen.
IMG_20230901_165729.jpg
Thanks!

PS I had the exact same car as in your signature, M2C in Hockenheim silver...loved that thing!

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Thanks!

PS I had the exact same car as in your signature, M2C in Hockenheim silver...loved that thing!
My recent test drive in the Integra had me, for a split second, contemplating a trade with the M2C but cooler heads prevailed. I remembered I'd be adding to the fleet, not reducing it lol.

Sponsored

GTO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 BRZ

āœ… Huge car enthusiast
āœ… Owned amazing cars
āœ… ITS speaks to you

Yup, you understand what the ITS is so, go for it!

Age and experience only means you'll appreciate it even morešŸ˜

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
Youā€™re too old for a car once your health starts failing and you can no longer drive it in a safe manner. Otherwise Iā€™ve never bought into the argument thereā€™s an upper age limit on a new car purchase. If youā€™re concerned what others may think, keep in mind it doesnā€™t matter what you buy as there will always be someone out there to judge you for it in one way or another.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I would hope not...61..looking hard at a ITS
everyone will age itā€™s inevitable. If you wonā€™t enjoy the ITS at 61, what would ya do? Wait til 71? 81? 91? If you have the means then enjoy it now. We donā€™t work our entire lives just to say weā€™re too old for anything. Instead, pat yourself on the back for making it this far šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
everyone will age itā€™s inevitable. If you wonā€™t enjoy the ITS at 61, what would ya do? Wait til 71? 81? 91? If you have the means then enjoy it now. We donā€™t work our entire lives just to say weā€™re too old for anything. Instead, pat yourself on the back for making it this far šŸ˜Ž
I just turned 66 and have deposits on the ITS and a Nissan performance Z ,after almost a 2 year wait was just informed my Z just went into production, a few days later was informed the ITS should arrive end sept. early oct. Having a difficult time deciding which one to take.

neuronbob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
99 NSX, 04 S2000, 13 6MT CTS-V wagon
I am also 55 and bought an ITS in July. Just go enjoy it when you acquire it next year. I enjoy the pops, too. Iā€™m going to keep driving manual cars until I physically canā€™t anymore.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Tell you the truth, your age is much more fitting for the Integra Type S than ANY other sports car. The only sports car that ages a person is a Corvette. They used to be cool, but now they just scream midlife crisis. GET YOUR ITS AND JOIN US!
Sponsored