Sponsored

Type S gets more attention than Type R : Yes or No?

AsianEd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra TypeS
I don't know if a TypeS gets more attention than a TypeR necessarily. I feel like both will get plenty of attention from car enthusiasts (if you know, you know), but fly under the radar of the average person. The TypeR stands out due to the wing, but a normal person would just think it's a normal Civic that someone modified. The TypeS looks aggressive, but the Acura badge puts it in a place where the average person wouldn't give it another thought.

I've always liked owning cars like this, where it's clearly an enthusiast product, but the common person wouldn't realize it's anything interesting. It's also something an average (or well heeled) consumer would "accidentally" buy, simply since it is exclusively a manual.

Cliffpc

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 Civic Si Coupe, 2024 Acura Integra Type-S
First week of owning and driving the car. Every day I drive find a new "first"; completely enjoying the experience.

There are not many of these in my city to be sure. I only got one double-take and a thumbs up from an Audi S5 driver that lives in my neighbourhood (his that beautiful red).

Not one of the police on the road have taken a second look so that's something I got going for me!

The folks at my office were like "that looks nice" or "that's an Acura?". I came into the office today and they were talking about my car...? Co-worker, "hey, I googled that car and..." 😁

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Exhaust hangers should all be in the same spot - only differences are that the Type S lacks a resonator the FL5 has and it is longer (I think 3")
The exhausts will not fit without some modification. @JDM_DOHC_SiR installed the DE5 exhaust on his FL5 and while it largely lined up, some modification was necessary. And not a rejigger either, more like cutting and welding. Feel free to search the other forum if you're interested to learn more.

Q_subsub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think most of the time my car goes unnoticed, although there was this one costco run where I was approached by 3 different dudes at 3 different points asking/commenting about the car (at the gas pump, after parking to go into the warehouse, after coming out of the warehouse).

I also think some of the attention that the ITS gets are from people curious and wondering why someone decided to fork over a lot more money to get the ITS rather than the CTR, not knowing that the latter had insane markup for the past two years, and that there's subtle but sufficient differences to sway people over.

Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
The exhausts will not fit without some modification. @JDM_DOHC_SiR installed the DE5 exhaust on his FL5 and while it largely lined up, some modification was necessary. And not a rejigger either, more like cutting and welding. Feel free to search the other forum if you're interested to learn more.
I'm relaying what the borla guys shared with me when they fitted the FL5 exhaust on my car.

You're right though - like I said previously, Type S is longer so it will need to be shortened to fit the FL5. They extended the pipe from the muffler out on mine to clear the bumper.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
You'd think, but I was looking hard at the Gruppe M intake, and it has a part that dips behind the bumper cover, and I just don't think that would fit the same way on the ITS. Could someone make it work, sure- but then at that point might as well just pick one of the parts that are explicitly listed as compatible with the DE5.

Also, the Evasive Motorsports tow hook, same sitch. It looks like it could work, but I'm not 100% sure.

Exhausts require modification too, or so I'm told.

So yeah. Many parts fit, but not all to my experience... and honestly the body modifications to truly make it "your own" are something I wish I could look forward to with the DE5. I know some companies are doing cool things but the Japanese parts hit different.
Tow hook yeah not sure about that, I think the crash bar difference from EU FL5 and NA FL5 also made some of that difficult at first.
Intake first I heard of an issue. PRL HVI works fine with both and has that secondary pick-up tube.
Exhaust most US companies are supporting both FL5 and DE5. Difference is a few inches in the tips.

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Besides the wing, I think the Type S stands out more and looks more aggressive than the FL5. I don't want attention, but the little I've gotten is from other car guys including Type R drivers. We exchange waves or thumbs up.

ghostcobraah

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GT500 2024 Integra Type S
I have only seen 3 other ITS around my area and 0 actually driving around me. When I picked my car up on the other side of the state i saw a LCM driving. My dad who is also into cars did not notice it but I noticed it right away. I have noticed 0 people ever look in my direction which I like a lot for this car. It serves as a super good daily that is fun but under the radar. The Shelby on the other hand is always getting looks everywhere I go.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I have only seen 3 other ITS around my area and 0 actually driving around me. When I picked my car up on the other side of the state i saw a LCM driving. My dad who is also into cars did not notice it but I noticed it right away. I have noticed 0 people ever look in my direction which I like a lot for this car. It serves as a super good daily that is fun but under the radar. The Shelby on the other hand is always getting looks everywhere I go.
Damn, I've only ever seen one other ITS out on the road and it was an LCM one a few days after I picked mine up and I wasn't even in my ITS that day!

Sponsored

DramosRG

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘18 Civic Hatchback ST | ‘24 ITS
Hard to tell, in Montreal I've only seen 1 white FL5 and 1 DE5. The latter gave a thumbs up (props if you're in the forums) and the former was parked and didn't see its owner.

I've been keeping track of my encounters with others and based on my experience, TLX Type S owners are the most awkward (no salutes, just straight pulls on Sport+)

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I have yet to see another DE5 (besides mine) in person. I have seen at least 4 FL5’s in person.

sayonara

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
I get compliments all the time, when I'm at a light, a store, anywhere. People seem to love the Tiger Eye Pearl. I even had a guy in a Type R tell me he wished he waited for the Type S.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I get compliments all the time, when I'm at a light, a store, anywhere. People seem to love the Tiger Eye Pearl. I even had a guy in a Type R tell me he wished he waited for the Type S.
TEP really stands out in the sunlight. If I didn't buy the Aspec first I would have gotten my ITS in TEP

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Of all the cars I've had, the ITS has gotten the most attention, by far. I can't say how it compares to the FL5 though.

I've had a few people give me a thumbs up on at least two occasions, people have complimented the car while at a stoplight.

I think the various visual touches of the ITS (wide body, rear diffuser, red calipers, etc.) might generally catch the attention of enthusiasts more. The exhaust is novel enough though it might get more attention from non-enthusiasts.

Otherwise, the only other car I had that got any attention from strangers was my 2010 VW GTI and it was just one instance where a woman told me she thought the wheels were cool as she walked by in a parking lot, hah. That was back when VW had the 18" Huffeisen/Detroit wheels.
Sponsored