Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
On the road, a GT3RS is insane overkill. Call me crazy but I'd rather be in an ITS where I can extract most if not all of the available performance than get blue balls driving a GT3RS that can only tap 1/10th of its potential on a public road without committing a felony.

Would I turn down an opportunity to drive a GT3RS on a twisty mountain road? No. But the ITS is a better fit, and as long as the driver of the RS isn't driving extremely unsafe, I'm sure it can keep up just fine.
Even the its is way too much for the road. It can touch roughly 1.2G peaks on the ps4s, so tapping even 60% of its potential on the road is horendously dangerous and would make passengers seriously pucker. Not to mention it's a 10:1 car, so even at modest paces, when you put your foot down you'll be doing 100mph quickly.

A street only driven gt3rs is like marrying a playmate and never consumating.
Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Even the its is way too much for the road. It can touch roughly 1.2G peaks on the ps4s, so tapping even 60% of its potential on the road is horendously dangerous and would make passengers seriously pucker. Not to mention it's a 10:1 car, so even at modest paces, when you put your foot down you'll be doing 100mph quickly.

A street only driven gt3rs is like marrying a playmate and never consumating.
Absolutely. What I meant about "extracting most if not all potential" was that you can actually hit redline in 2nd without breaking the law. Same can't really be said about the GT3RS, as amazing a car as it is- and that's not even bringing downforce into the conversation- but you're spot on that even the "slow" ITS is more than enough to get you in trouble very quickly. I remember a time when a 13-second quarter mile time was impressively fast.

Even the F82 M4 I had, to me it was actually frustrating to know how much power the car had, but feel forced to restrain yourself from using it. Cars are just so powerful these days; which is why I will continuously maintain that the ITS doesn't need any more power.

It makes me actively miss the days of ringing out my KA24E 240SX. That thing ran in the mid 15s in the 1/4 mile but I could put my foot to the floor and get the sensation of running up to redline and "rowing through the gears" basically anywhere I went. To me, that's a huge part of what defines a "fun" driving experience on a public road. It's not like you can't have fun in an M4 or even a GT3RS... but there's a part of the experience of driving those cars that is actually frustrating that is (mostly) missing in the ITS, and part of why I love this car so much. I know that might not make sense to many people.

I saw a video of an EK9 Civic Type R not long ago and after watching that I think I may want one of those more than another Porsche that can go 0-60 in less than 4 seconds.

I get that some people enjoy the sensation of acceleration from a car with big power (or possibly the thrill of routinely breaking the law...), but that's just not me, at least not anymore.

AsianEd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra TypeS
Absolutely. What I meant about "extracting most if not all potential" was that you can actually hit redline in 2nd without breaking the law. Same can't really be said about the GT3RS, as amazing a car as it is- and that's not even bringing downforce into the conversation- but you're spot on that even the "slow" ITS is more than enough to get you in trouble very quickly. I remember a time when a 13-second quarter mile time was impressively fast.

Even the F82 M4 I had, to me it was actually frustrating to know how much power the car had, but feel forced to restrain yourself from using it. Cars are just so powerful these days; which is why I will continuously maintain that the ITS doesn't need any more power.

It makes me actively miss the days of ringing out my KA24E 240SX. That thing ran in the mid 15s in the 1/4 mile but I could put my foot to the floor and get the sensation of running up to redline and "rowing through the gears" basically anywhere I went. To me, that's a huge part of what defines a "fun" driving experience on a public road. It's not like you can't have fun in an M4 or even a GT3RS... but there's a part of the experience of driving those cars that is actually frustrating that is (mostly) missing in the ITS, and part of why I love this car so much. I know that might not make sense to many people.

I saw a video of an EK9 Civic Type R not long ago and after watching that I think I may want one of those more than another Porsche that can go 0-60 in less than 4 seconds.

I get that some people enjoy the sensation of acceleration from a car with big power (or possibly the thrill of routinely breaking the law...), but that's just not me, at least not anymore.
I had an ND Miata for a few years. I loved that car for a lot of the reasons you cite. I could use all of the car in public roads and not be extremely worried of getting in trouble. Also, on tight, twisty back roads, I'm keeping up with cars that are much faster on paper, because the road dictated 30-40mph max. They are hard on the brakes every corner, I'm using momentum and stringing corners together.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I am leaning more and more towards an AP1 in the near future for these exact reasons... a used ND3 will be my fallback.

Q_subsub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Trying to hang with Porsche 911 and GT3 RS at GA mountain.

Ha I went there on Saturday morning!

What time do you typically go? The guys I used to drive with would start at the bottom of Blood ~8:30a, but I personally found it best to start at 7-7:30ish when theres just enough sun to dry out the roads of morning dew, see very little traffic (incl. cyclists) and the contrast between sunlight and shade isn't so severe that it limits visibility. Sure I have to get up at 5am to make it work, but it also allows me to come home before lunch to spend the rest of the day with the family 😎

Sponsored

Bodhizefa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Unfortunately, I had to buy a brand new tire for the front passenger side. After only 1200 miles, I managed to drive over a screw during the holiday weekend which led to a slow (5 PSI every 12 hours) leak. It was too close to the inner sidewall for any of the tire stores to feel comfortable patching it. Yuck. New tire and install essentially cost as much as a new roof rack and bike rack, which is a bummer as I now have to wait until the holidays to make that purchase. Unexpected costs suck, lol! Glad to have her back up to 100%, though.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Unfortunately, I had to buy a brand new tire for the front passenger side. After only 1200 miles, I managed to drive over a screw during the holiday weekend which led to a slow (5 PSI every 12 hours) leak. It was too close to the inner sidewall for any of the tire stores to feel comfortable patching it. Yuck. New tire and install essentially cost as much as a new roof rack and bike rack, which is a bummer as I now have to wait until the holidays to make that purchase. Unexpected costs suck, lol! Glad to have her back up to 100%, though.
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

I've been running ps4s tires on various cars for 6 years now. Unfortunately, if you call up Michelin they will tell you that a ps4s with a hole should always be replaced regardless of where it is. It's a tire intended to be driven hard and the difference in rubber between the patch rubber and the tire rubber can cause the patch to delaminate as it heats up. A failing patch is often much worse than a screw and it will either leak heavily or tear.

It sucks, but it's the price to pay for one of the best tires ever produced. I have 2 laying around my house with holes just taking up space 😒. Tirerack road hazard protection is great though. They'll send you a whole new tire next day after submitting a claim. The magic words to avoid any pushing of patching are "it sees track time".

Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Installed carbon fiber replacement mirror caps from proimporttuners.com:
IMG_4991.jpeg

Not quite oem fit though:
IMG_4989.jpeg
Are these stick on or full replacement?

Honestly from here, the fit looks better than the oem ones I have. Oem have small gaps around certain areas, and the edges of the carbon show signs of bubbling during the cure process. The bubbled areas will definitely start yellowing and peeling over time...

Jcoco

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Are these stick on or full replacement?

Honestly from here, the fit looks better than the oem ones I have. Oem have small gaps around certain areas, and the edges of the carbon show signs of bubbling during the cure process. The bubbled areas will definitely start yellowing and peeling over time...
Those are full replacements

Underdog

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS, ‘06 Legacy GT
Got HomeLink in my ITS using the Accord mirror. Took less than 2 hours total. Funny how something so simple makes me so happy LOL.
I was just thinking about this mod. Any gotchas on the install?

In my other car I could never get the homelink mirror to play nice with my door opener. Ended up just getting a little universal door remote from Home Depot for $20, and keep it in my armrest. Might go that route again in the meantime.
Sponsored