I would guess most...if not everybody.

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I've had no luck from any wireless charging pad from any manufacturer. At least this one doesn't catch on fire.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra ASpec w/Tech, 10 Mazda Miata MX5
When I took my first long road trip I turned on the wireless charger and attempted to use it with my iPhone 12. I got so hot that all the screen said was that it was off due to the high temperature. So it’s off forever, if I need to charge while driving I use a cord.

KingCollector

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 TL MT, 2024 Integra Type-S
I've turned it off and switched to a magnetic charging cable for my Pixel. Connects pretty quickly without having to fiddle with it. Going to give it a few more weeks and then probably route the cable permanently.

Incognito_ABP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
The factory wireless charging mat is a joke (and is on many other makes/models also). For iPhone users, I can't recommend this part enough. It's custom fit for the DE5, has cutouts on the underside that lock onto the little rubber rails on the factory charging mat, and it has perfect wire routing on the underside to accommodate a standard Apple MagSafe charger. Charges much faster than the stock mat, and MagSafe locks the phone in place so it never stops charging due to the phone sliding around.

A+ interior mod.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1610693759/magsafe-compatible-phone-charging

vovakovtun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I decided to turn mine off, and I'm so grateful for the handy power toggle switch! Now, I just use a MagSafe charger on a mount, and it works so much better for me.

Sponsored

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Honda has a problem with their wireless charging solution. Isn't the only vehicle with issues.
The Ridgeline, Pilot and passport also have the same problem.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Honda has a problem with their wireless charging solution. Isn't the only vehicle with issues.
The Ridgeline, Pilot and passport also have the same problem.
They all use the same charger. But it's not just Honda with this issue - it's a problem with Qi chargers in cars in general. They are designed to be universal whether you have an iPhone or Android or something else. If your phone is slightly misaligned it will heat up and possibly not charge. The magnets in a MagSafe charger keep your phone in place and prevent it from sliding around while you drive. Also iPhones only get half the charging speed with Qi chargers compared to authentic MagSafe chargers.
Sponsored