Sponsored

Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

DramosRG

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘18 Civic Hatchback ST | ‘24 ITS
To my fellow Candians... curious if anyone purchased a winter set from https://wheelsco.ca. If you did, then did you opt in for their TPMS? I couldn't get the SKU and I'm wondering about the brand they use and the sensors are compatible with the ITS.

That said, I'm thinking of going for the following:

- Superspeed RF03RR (18x8.5 +35et)
- Michelin X-Ice Snow 235/40/R18

Should I be worried with the offset?
Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
To my fellow Candians... curious if anyone purchased a winter set from https://wheelsco.ca. If you did, then did you opt in for their TPMS? I couldn't get the SKU and I'm wondering about the brand they use and the sensors are compatible with the ITS.

Bought my wheels/tires from them. I bought TPMS from a Honda dealer for 46$/ea. Wheelsco want 250$ for 4 aftermarket TPMS. Not worth it...

Also, beware that in the installation kit they will send with the wheels, you'll have lug nuts and centering rings, but no lock nuts. I choosed the black lug nuts. You'll be unable to find black lock nuts that matches the length of the black lug nuts they send you. I searched for hours and hours. Finally found a black lock nut set with the same length, at least that's what was advertised, but once I received them, they are 1 cm longer than the lug nuts... I you don't want to be in that situation, you could choose chrome lug nuts. I was able to find a chrome lock nuts with the same length.

Hope this helps.

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S

1697028308704.png

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
I bought 255/35/19 and will mount them next week as it’s been below 40 in the mornings and nights. I wanted to stay on the oem wheel and get aftermarket summer/track wheels. Also, tire rack had pirelli winters on close out for 160 so hard to pass on. Will ride a bit higher but that’s ok, want the extra sidewall.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
As a reminder, here's what I picked up from TireRack:
  • Vredstein Wintrac Pro tires - size 235/40R18
  • Sparco Record wheels in gloss back - size 18x8", +45 offset
I got the same setup from TireRack for my FL5, but went with 245/40/R18--just couldn't beat the price.

Thank you for sharing pics, gives me a better idea of what mine should look like in the next month or so!

Sponsored

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
So I was about to re-torque the lug nuts this evening since I swapped the wheels over the weekend and I decided to double/triple check the torque spec and found some new info I didn't find before: https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/lug-nut-torque-for-fl5-owners-manual-wrong.51756/

Basically, the FL5 Civic Type R manual printed in the US only specifies 80 lb-ft for the lug nuts, but internationally the owner's manual states 94 lb-ft (127 Nm).

The DE5 owner's manual states 80 lb-ft, but since so much is the same between the FL5 and DE5, I'm wondering if 94 lb-ft is what it should be on the DE5.

Has anyone happened to talk to a tech about this, by any chance? I want to make sure I have the lug nuts tightened to the appropriate spec as this could be a safety matter. I'll otherwise try and get in touch with the dealership or Acura corporate tomorrow to see what they say.

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
So I was about to re-torque the lug nuts this evening since I swapped the wheels over the weekend and I decided to double/triple check the torque spec and found some new info I didn't find before: https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/lug-nut-torque-for-fl5-owners-manual-wrong.51756/

Basically, the FL5 Civic Type R manual printed in the US only specifies 80 lb-ft for the lug nuts, but internationally the owner's manual states 94 lb-ft (127 Nm).

The DE5 owner's manual states 80 lb-ft, but since so much is the same between the FL5 and DE5, I'm wondering if 94 lb-ft is what it should be on the DE5.

Has anyone happened to talk to a tech about this, by any chance? I want to make sure I have the lug nuts tightened to the appropriate spec as this could be a safety matter. I'll otherwise try and get in touch with the dealership or Acura corporate tomorrow to see what they say.
I torqued mine to 94 at the track. You’re fine at 94. It will not break the stud.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I torqued mine to 94 at the track. You’re fine at 94. It will not break the stud.
Thanks - I think I ended up doing 85 when I first put the wheels on for some reason but I'll go out and tighten to 94 lb-ft!

I actually remembered that the instructions for installing accessories are online so I figured the instructions for the Type S wheels should have lug nut torque specs in there and as expected, they did: http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BII19600-29.PDF (last page, right side, near the bottom).

So with that spec confirmed but not mentioned in the owner's manual, that seems like a big miss, if you ask me. Granted, the 80 lb-ft spec in the owner's manual is in the section about swapping to the spare wheel/tire, which the Type S doesn't have, I guess. I still think that info is important for owners to know though as my assumption is enthusiasts who would buy the Type S are more likely to run multiple sets of wheels/tires for varying reasons (such as track or winter).

Last edited:

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Went to my local dealer today (same dealer I bought the car from) and got quotes for a few different All Season UHP tires. All 3 quotes were for 265 35 19 tires and included a $140 alignment, which I would pass on.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus: $289.56 per tire, $1,431.19 installed
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4: $334.35 per tire, $1,610.35 installed
Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S+: $274.94 per tire, $1,372.71 installed

I think I’m going to go with the DWS 06. I asked if they would price match and they said they could potentially match or come close - I think the lowest I’ve seen is $273 per tire on TireRack, but i’ll keep looking.

~$1,250 out the door sounds nice. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the OEM PS4S.
Hi,

Did you buy & install the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus tires? Any issues?

I live in California and thinking about changing to all-weather tires. I plan to keep the stock tires until I decided to take the car to a track.

Sponsored

Frosty_DE5

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LSM ITS
Hi,

Did you buy & install the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus tires? Any issues?

I live in California and thinking about changing to all-weather tires. I plan to keep the stock tires until I decided to take the car to a track.
I did not. I plan to buy them before the end of November or the first snowfall - whichever comes first… i’ll keep you posted (unless you buy them first!)

Were you also considering going 265 35 19?

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
I did not. I plan to buy them before the end of November or the first snowfall - whichever comes first… i’ll keep you posted (unless you buy them first!)

Were you also considering going 265 35 19?
I actually didn't spend much on on researching. I used Tire Rack and the only all-season tires they show there are:
CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS
Size: 265/30ZR19

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 3.18.10 PM.png

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
I also tried a few other tire websites, Costco, American Tire, Big O Tires, Wheel Works - but none of them have all-weather tires for ITS. Maybe because their search engine is not updated? I don't know.

I want to use the EOM wheels. I saw some other posts where people switches to 18" wheels. I didn't see many posts about all-weather tires on the OEM wheels.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Hi,

I haven't noticed any issues with my DWS06 plus 275/30/19. They do seem firmer then the soft PS4S but don't notice any vibrations.

Yato

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Soon
I haven't noticed any issues with my DWS06 plus 275/30/19. They do seem firmer then the soft PS4S but don't notice any vibrations.
How is the road noise in comparison to the PS4S?
Sponsored