Ambient Lighting

Pjgelose

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Honda S2000, 2024 Integra Type S
Just picked mine up today & put them in! Question - when you say “drill” the plastic lens of the footwell lights do you mean with a small 1/8” drill bit or larger light 1/4”?
Depends how much light you want.... I would start small and so up.
Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
So I installed the red LEDs for the ambient lighting strip last night and they are SUPER dim...much dimmer than the stock white one. They are nothing like the pictures earlier in the thread. Has anyone else experienced this? I double-checked the part numbers and followed proper install. The light settings are maxed out as well.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
So I installed the red LEDs for the ambient lighting strip last night and they are SUPER dim...much dimmer than the stock white one. They are nothing like the pictures earlier in the thread. Has anyone else experienced this? I double-checked the part numbers and followed proper install. The light settings are maxed out as well.
What is the part number you installed?

Keep in mind they only turn on when the headlights are on. During nighttime driving, mine are pretty bright. I have the ones from the Civic Type-R footwell.

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
What is the part number you installed?

Keep in mind they only turn on when the headlights are on. During nighttime driving, mine are pretty bright. I have the ones from the Civic Type-R footwell.
The part number I ordered was correct and I had the car running when I tested the lights. I found the problem...

When you pull out the stock LED, there is a black piece attached to it that you have to remove and install on the new, red LED in order to guide the tail end of the LED strip directly up to the LED. When I removed the stock LED, I broke off this small piece of plastic INSIDE of the black piece. I had to completely remove the door panel and pry open that LED mechanism so I could superglue that piece back on. Once I had done this (with extreme difficulty), everything worked beautifully!

Hopefully this helps someone in the future! Below is the piece in question and the before (broken install) and after (superglued and fixed install). I LOVE them.

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

Sponsored

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Glad you figured it out. One of my doors was very easy to do. The other side, the clear stick piece you speak about was sticking out a bit. It made it hard to slide out the cover that needs to be transferred over. Had to bend it a tad to slide it out.

In the end, great mod that brings the interior to life. Highly recommended to everyone.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
For those installing JDM Honda Access parts like the lighting, they may come with a wiring harness. I had to tap into my traction control switch for the floor footwell lights, including the one in front and an additional one under the seat.

IMG_0243.jpeg

I started taking photos but gave up on the documentation partway through. The instructions were only in Japanese, and everything was for RHD! 😂

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
For those installing JDM Honda Access parts like the lighting, they may come with a wiring harness. I had to tap into my traction control switch for the floor footwell lights, including the one in front and an additional one under the seat.

IMG_0243.jpeg

I started taking photos but gave up on the documentation partway through. The instructions were only in Japanese, and everything was for RHD! 😂
Is this the stuff from Blackhawk Japan? I was looking at some of their stuff as well. They have the under seat, center cup holder, door cup holder area and somewhere else I thought. Would be really cool! I figured just had to tap into different existing wiring.

IMG_4321.png

IMG_4320.png

IMG_4319.png

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Is this the stuff from Blackhawk Japan? I was looking at some of their stuff as well. They have the under seat, center cup holder, door cup holder area and somewhere else I thought. Would be really cool! I figured just had to tap into different existing wiring.
Those are they--installation is a bit tricky because the instructions are specific to the RHD version of the FL5, so plan on a potentially long/slow process with a multimeter. Personally, I think the outcome is worth the trouble.

Cupholder.jpg

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Those are they--installation is a bit tricky because the instructions are specific to the RHD version of the FL5, so plan on a potentially long/slow process with a multimeter. Personally, I think the outcome is worth the trouble.

Cupholder.jpg
Oooooo yes I'd have to agree, looks worth it to me lol even for me having mine a tad dimmer than most - the red still makes a big difference

Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Oooooo yes I'd have to agree, looks worth it to me lol even for me having mine a tad dimmer than most - the red still makes a big difference
And you can always add an in-line LED dimmer, if you're adventurous! I worked one in for my floor lighting since I added a set of floor lights in the back.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
And you can always add an in-line LED dimmer, if you're adventurous! I worked one in for my floor lighting since I added a set of floor lights in the back.
I love this! And thanks for sharing. I'd like to add some lighting in the rear as well. Did you share any photos or tips about it on here already? Or maybe it's on the CTR forum?

Older boy likes to read on trips and our 2021 Ram Laramie WITH the sunroof had overhead dimmable ambient lighting and then we went to a 2022 Ram Limited (higher trim) WITHOUT sunroof and no more overhead rear lighting. Didn't make any sense. But we miss having it.

In the meantime I've just added several layers of red brake light vinyl over the interior lights which was awesome - but it keep losing adhesion and those lights in particular get really hot and have been burning through the vinyl. My passenger side has a loose connection too and isn't working so I have to mess around with it one of these days.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I love this! And thanks for sharing. I'd like to add some lighting in the rear as well. Did you share any photos or tips about it on here already? Or maybe it's on the CTR forum?
I'm good for photos and proof that it's doable, but I'm terrible about documenting problems/solutions as I go. 🤦‍♂️

Rear Lighting.jpg

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'm good for photos and proof that it's doable, but I'm terrible about documenting problems/solutions as I go. 🤦‍♂️

Rear Lighting.jpg
Same here, but getting slightly better at it lol

That looks amazing!! So you basically order 2 sets of the door cup holder area and a set for the front handles and added them both to the rear as well? This looks really rad.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i've been waiting to see if any good ambient lighting mods come out for the DE5. the ambient lighting we get from the factory is such a joke i don't understand why acura even bothered. a couple of bare white LED strips that don't change color or do anything? what a joke. this type of LED technology is dirt fucking cheap. i get it, we can't have the same exact ambient lighting that the TLX-TS got because we can't have the same feature on 2 different cars or something:rolleyes1: but we definitely deserved a little bit better than this lol
Sponsored