Peteb17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
1. It’s dangerous at night
2. Your ac is not going to struggle because your windshield isn’t tinted….
3. It’s Illegal in most states and if you ever get in an accident cop will see and put it on report. Good luck with that insurance claim whether you’re at fault or not
4. Sunglasses are a thing
5. Stop slinging crack and you won’t have anything to hide
Sponsored

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I'm getting my windows tinted next week and asking for some help from the group. Could you guys post some pics of your tint and include the level? I'm thinking of just going 35 all the way around but I'd love to see real-world examples. Thanks!
I went 25% all around, 50% on the windshield, I love the effect and look, car stays cooler, less damaging UV and Infrared from the sun.
Also, there are many levels of quality and various suppliers so tint changes from shop to shop.

I went with the middle option from the shop I used, they offered three levels of quality,.
You can see the break down in the second pic.
The middle option was $460 for the car and $250 for the windshield, the best tint option would have been $650 plus $350.00
I am super happy with how it came out, looks and how it protects my car.

4891c9dc-e409-44ea-9e1e-f88ea983b15f (1).jpg

a6169ce6-90a5-4556-80dd-2722324bd31c.jpg

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
What exactly is "ghetto af" about it?

The main purpose of tint is to cut down on UV transmission into the car, which is the main source of heat. Cutting down that interior heat not only makes it more bearable when the car is sitting out in the sun all day, but it also increases the efficiency at which your AC cools the car.

With today's tint film technology, you don't even need to go remotely dark as long as you're using a quality film with a decent UV rating. Not tinting a piece of glass as big as a windshield is almost counterintuitive; especially if you live in a state with long hot summers like Florida, Texas or Arizona.

And not to mention, tinted windows make a car look exponentially better...

But you're still entitled to your opinion, as whack as it is.
Actually, the Infra red blocking is what blocks heat, the UV is the damage done by the sun, not heat, but they are both blocked with quality tint.
Mine blocks 78% of Infra red and 100% UV.

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 09 JCW
Actually, the Infra red blocking is what blocks heat, the UV is the damage done by the sun, not heat, but they are both blocked with quality tint.
Mine blocks 78% of Infra red and 100% UV.
Yep. You are right.. I stand corrected

1. It’s dangerous at night
2. Your ac is not going to struggle because your windshield isn’t tinted….
3. It’s Illegal in most states and if you ever get in an accident cop will see and put it on report. Good luck with that insurance claim whether you’re at fault or not
4. Sunglasses are a thing
5. Stop slinging crack and you won’t have anything to hide
I'll bet you were the guy that reminded the teacher that homework was due..

1. What exactly is dangerous about it? My last 3 cars have been darker than 5% and I never had an issue. I've tinted most of my windshields to at least 70% and it helps immensely with zero limitation on visibility.
2. I never said that the ac would struggle. I said that tint aids in it's efficiency.
3. Most states have strict tint laws and a lot of us of us are illegal anyways if a cop uses a meter on our windows.. It's called acceptable risk.
4. I haven't had an accident in over 25 years so I'm not too worried about it.
5. and?
6. Stop being so toxic. 2 posts in and you have nothing substantial to offer to the discussion.

Sponsored

Peteb17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Relax bud my initial post was just a joke. Try making it more obvious you’re offended by writing a 5 paragraph essay in response. Tinted windshields are not only unnecessary and dangerous but they make you look like a tool but if the shoe fits hey who am I to judge.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Relax bud my initial post was just a joke. Try making it more obvious you’re offended by writing a 5 paragraph essay in response. Tinted windshields are not only unnecessary and dangerous but they make you look like a tool but if the shoe fits hey who am I to judge.
I’m not a fan of tinting the windshield or dark tint either, but learn to read the room and get a grip man. You do you, and let others do the same; It’s like arguing over how fast each of us goes over the speed limit - we all have our own preferences, tolerances, and risk-comfort. There’s joking, and then there’s doubling-down on insulting those who prefer something different from you.

To get back on-topic: I’ll likely go with 70% front windows, and 50% rear, after seeing how dark it looks first from the factory.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
70% windshield and 20% all around on mine.
IMG_2226.jpeg
IMG_2225.jpeg

I feel like I still have good visibility out the side and back. As for the windshield, no issue - can't tell it's there from the driver's perspective.

You can also go with a higher % ceramic for the windshield and it'll be even more insivible but you should still get UV rejection to protect the dash.

Sponsored

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
You have strong opinions, but to each his own.
I tinted mine 50% and I love it, keeps the car a bit cooler, looks great is not at all an issue at night, etc.. I would do it again.

0829d769-4ace-4014-a27d-54bd8e47f95d.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bruejam

bruejam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Tiger Eye Type S
You have strong opinions, but to each his own.
I tinted mine 50% and I love it, keeps the car a but cooler, looks great is not at all an issue at night, etc.. I would do it again.

0829d769-4ace-4014-a27d-54bd8e47f95d.jpg
At first glance I thought the guardrail in the background was a spoiler :D

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
All these tints look the same.
Agree. These threads aren't as helpful as people believe. 15%, 20%, 35%, can look the same depending on lighting (e.g., natural v. artificial), lighting conditions (e.g., sunrise v. sunset), quality of the photograph, brand of film, color of the car, color of the interior, whether the windshield is tinted, and the list goes on. Blindly going for 15% because it looked good on a car you saw on the forums isn't the move.

Your best bet is to go to your shop of choice and see the films in person. Most shops will even place samples on your window free of charge at your request and you can live with them for a few days before deciding. It's not the same as having the entire car tinted; however, it's better than nothing. You can also take a look at cars at the shop that are currently being tinted or recently completed to give you a flavor for how it will look.
Sponsored