Sponsored

MidwestDE5

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra type s, 21 Audi A5, 15 GMC Sierra
Let’s call the Elantra what it is, ugly. The body lines remind me of the kids last day of school. When they bring their backpack home full of all the things that has collected in their lockers. When you have finished going through all of their things and find that one piece of paper in the bottom that has spent the entire year there and been folded in so many was that it is almost unrecognizable as a piece of paper anymore.
Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I don't blame the cameras, I blame the screens we look at the photos on. I don't know of ANYONE outside of photographers that prefer their phone or computer screen to display color accurate images. Pretty much everyone wants hdr, oled color pop, and deep saturation. Nothing ever looks right.

I really wanted to like the TEP and I was really hoping it was more BMW Phoenix yellow in person, but it was the furthest thing from it. I bet this car would look good in Phoenix yellow, though...
Phoenix yellow would be nice. I think someone has a yellow wrapped one in the FB groups - it wasn't phoenix yellow but close and it looked fantastic.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I'm ranting but I really hate that the primary argument for the N over the R/S is that it's "only" 15% (or whatever the deficit is) less car for 25% less money. The *vibe* I get from the N car owner is that if money were no object, they still wouldn't get a Type R/S SOLELY because of the value proposition.

Full disclosure: I have nothing against the N car(s), I think they're great and I hope they continue to sell well. From my own high horse, price wasn't a (huge) deciding factor when buying the ITS, though I understand that's not everyone's position.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The EN is the modern version of what the Type-R used to be (minus the insane -- on a pound-for-pound basis -- engine).

The FL5 / DE5 are the Pcars of the hot hatches. You are paying an outsize premium for very small nuances.

I don't mind paying that... but I'm glad that, in a world where cars in general -- not to mention fun ones -- have gotten very expensive relative to median wages, there is still a fun performance car for the masses.
Exactly. This is in no uncertain terms a very fun car, in all the nuanced ways an enthusiast would care. It's a modern "driver's car", in much the same vein of some of what the old school M cars used to represent. Since BMW can't make a car weigh less than 2 tons (being facetious but... not far off the mark...), AND their steering has fallen way off since the advent of electronic racks, the ITS takes over as the driver's car to have if you can't justify a true "sports car" form factor.

The N is cool. Hyundai is slowly rebuilding their image. As a Porsche owner it's easy for me to dismiss them but I sincerely like many/most of the vehicles Hyundai is putting out these days. The design language just isn't as appealing as Honda/Acura, so it was never really a deep consideration for me. But I do love that they exist.

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I had put my deposit down on a TEP but a few months later the dealership I put deposit down at got an APB and LCM instead of the TEP and LCM they were a lotted..
Dealership gave me a discount on the ABP since my deposit was for a TEP they were not getting.
They had a TEP TLX-s in the showroom when I picked up my ABP and my friend made a comment it looked like a doo doo brown under the showroom lights. (she didnt know that was the color I originally wanted.) But she wasn't wrong I was not impressed with the tiger eye in person. I was much happier with the BRIGHT BLUE APB in person. Its ironic how high tech cameras are these days and still cant properly capture the essence of a nice pearl in paint.
So many negative comments about the TEP. I still like mine, but I can agree that it looks way better with a fresh wash.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm ranting but I really hate that the primary argument for the N over the R/S is that it's "only" 15% (or whatever the deficit is) less car for 25% less money. The *vibe* I get from the N car owner is that if money were no object, they still wouldn't get a Type R/S SOLELY because of the value proposition.

Full disclosure: I have nothing against the N car(s), I think they're great and I hope they continue to sell well. From my own high horse, price wasn't a (huge) deciding factor when buying the ITS, though I understand that's not everyone's position.
A style that only a mother could love.

I do like their Ioniq 5N but still cant get over their design choice of sharp creases on the side.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I see a lot of Hyundai n cars in my area... Far more EN, VN, and 5N than you might expect. I can't go anywhere without spotting at least 3 for every 30 miles I drive. I see at least 3 ctr on a daily basis as well. I drove a ctr on track and it was a good car. Torque steer is super strong on track compared to my gti, but it was still a fun car. I just find the ctr to be almost as ugly as the EN (sorry Honda cousins). The overdone wing and bland front and sides make it look quite ricey. The last gen was just as boy racer as the veloster n.

I've only come across one its in the wild, and it was in white so the fender arches were extremely well hidden and it didn't look like a type s until it was in my face. I see a lot of tlxs and mdxs though. Every third tlx and 5th mdx seem to be an s.

I dunno, just doesn't appeal to me to be driving the same car as everyone else, so I secretly hope it won't sell well and people keep buying the ctr instead.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
So many negative comments about the TEP. I still like mine, but I can agree that it looks way better with a fresh wash.
Tiger Eye is a polarizing color choice. That should be pretty obvious to anyone who would be interested in it.

In other words, if you have a color like Tiger Eye, you have to accept that there will be people who don't like it. Just like there will be people who absolutely love it. If you're one of the latter, that's all you need to care about.

Marshy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
That MSRP is wild for the neighbours to the south. That's $6k CAD more than the 2024 ITS cost after taxes in Ontario...

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
[QUOTE="Victorofhavoc, post: 860648, member: 42844"

I dunno, just doesn't appeal to me to be driving the same car as everyone else, so I secretly hope it won't sell well and people keep buying the ctr instead.
[/QUOTE]

Funnt how it works out that way. I got excited seeing an LCM ITS a week after I got mine but I definitely also love that I don’t see DE5s around me often. Very rarely as a matter of fact.

That LCM is the only one I’ve seen around where I live. I’ve seen 3 CTRs during that time (which is still pretty dang infrequent)

Sponsored

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
I consider myself very fortunate to have been in a position to have an Integra Type S, and don’t take that for granted. However, I’m a big fan of the value that the Elantra N represents and have a tremendous amount of respect for what Hyundai accomplished for that price point.

As for the topic on hand: I wonder if the build quality has improved for the 2025s, even if no additional features had been added.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I consider myself very fortunate to have been in a position to have an Integra Type S, and don’t take that for granted. However, I’m a big fan of the value that the Elantra N represents and have a tremendous amount of respect for what Hyundai accomplished for that price point.

As for the topic on hand: I wonder if the build quality has improved for the 2025s, even if no additional features had been added.
If the '25 a spec and mdx are anything to go by, then no the build quality has not improved. It's pretty identical with the large panel gaps, plastic to metal meeting areas having different curvatures, and plastic interior bits flexing, creaking, and not meeting up as well as they should at the price point.

Side note, I drove a loaner mdx with 3800 miles on it while the dealer was fixing my rattles and fender panels that are peeling away and that thing was a tin can rattle trap. I had the car for all of 20 miles and counted no less than 6 different rattles/buzzes. 🤷‍♂️

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
Interesting that they lowered the free maintenance to 1 year 🤔
The entire thing is silly anyways because it's basically "we expect people to drive X miles a year and figure that's essentially 3 oil changes". If you are like many here and want to change your oil early (5k miles), you only get three oil changes still.

They should just say you get three free oil changes, pick when you want them. But I guess that doesn't market well.

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
This is my favorite car I've purchased to date, but with the leftover 2024 inventory and minimal changes for 2025 I don't see this trim lasting much longer. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no mid-cycle refresh and they stop production 2025/2026.
I have a similar feeling about the car too. It would seem strange for them to stop offering it so quickly, but I guess it really depends on sales number and economy. I wonder if the USD/JPY movement is related the price hike, a bit rough at ~147 today.

If so, this car will appreciate in the coming years as people start to realize it's a luxury CTR in less "boy racer" look.