Sponsored

hypersss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ABP ITS
FYI, the Infinity Design intake can't be ordered on their main website (https://www.infinityautodesign.com/honda-civic-type-r-fl5) but I just saw that they now have a different website for the USA distributor where it sells for $1510 (https://infinitydesignusa.com/products/honda-civic-type-r-fl5).

Their intake looks great, on the other hand it seems like there's no built-in flexibility. I wonder if it allows for enough movement of the engine relative to the airbox. The stock setup has the corrugated rubber tube for that.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Q_subsub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
A question for these intakes in general and especially for the PRL HVI - how often do you have to clean/replace the air filters and more to the point do you have to pretty much completely uninstall & reinstall the intake to be able to do so?

Sponsored

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
Does anyone know if the PRL HVI will connect up with the Eventuri Carbon Fiber Inlet pipe? Are they compatible with each other and is it advised to mix and match brands like this?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Sponsored

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Does anyone know if the PRL HVI will connect up with the Eventuri Carbon Fiber Inlet pipe? Are they compatible with each other and is it advised to mix and match brands like this?
They'll mate up just fine as long as you have the HVI that comes with the silicone fitting for the PRL titanium inlet, im not sure if it'll work the the standard silicone fitting. If you intend on tuning the only real difference you'll see with hybrid setups is in your wallet.

20240413_143606.jpg

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
any feedback yet? how was the install? any pics? sorry if you didn't even receive it yet haha
It was on backorder of course. Should be coming sometime around the end of September hopefully.

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
They'll mate up just fine as long as you have the HVI that comes with the silicone fitting for the PRL titanium inlet, im not sure if it'll work the the standard silicone fitting. If you intend on tuning the only real difference you'll see with hybrid setups is in your wallet.

20240413_143606.jpg
I just bought the basic PRL HVI, so hopefully the silicone fitting works with the Eventuri. When I messaged TSP to ask if the the PRL HVI and Eventuri Inlet pipe were compatible they said they were, so hopefully they got that right. I'm gonna install them early next month when I have time and my tools available.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I just bought the basic PRL HVI, so hopefully the silicone fitting works with the Eventuri. When I messaged TSP to ask if the the PRL HVI and Eventuri Inlet pipe were compatible they said they were, so hopefully they got that right. I'm gonna install them early next month when I have time and my tools available.
Honestly I think it'll fit fine, there are a few guys that have installed the PRL inlet and HVI with the standard silicone coupler. In fact the box for my HVI doesnt even specify which coupler it came with, I just mentioned it in my previous post to be 100% safe lol.
Sponsored