EPS GEARBOX ISSUE

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Wonder if this will also apply in Canada... I hope so, otherwise it'll be at owners expense!

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I haven't experienced this issue (yet?). Mine was a mid March 2024 build, I've had the car for 6 months and 10k miles now.

Sponsored

AsianEd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra TypeS
I haven't experienced this issue (yet?). Mine was a mid March 2024 build, I've had the car for 6 months and 10k miles now.
According to one article I read, cars built after August 30, 2024 have the revised steering rack. Any car before that could experience the problem, though estimates put it at 1% of the 1.7M cars recalled. That's still a lot of cars that might exhibit the issue...

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I wonder if it must be done ASAP or if it's an eventual thing.

To be honest I worry more that some chump mechanic will screw it up more by "fixing" a problem that I don't seem to have or feel.

@Frenzal Canadian news agencies have picked this up tooz stating that about 221k cars are affected here. I would be surprised if we didn't also get the recall.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
According to one article I read, cars built after August 30, 2024 have the revised steering rack. Any car before that could experience the problem, though estimates put it at 1% of the 1.7M cars recalled. That's still a lot of cars that might exhibit the issue...
Found the article you were referencing:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a62554922/honda-recall-steering-civic-type-r-acura-integra-type-s/

R&T did a great job explaining the situation where every other article is just propagating the same information (some aren't even doing it correctly).

In short, 1% of the ~2 million vehicles (including ~300k or so Canadian cars) being recalled *could* exhibit symptoms. It looks like Honda wants to get ahead of the issue as it appears to be a problem that could eventually happen.

I'm not too concerned on my end because my dealership experience has been fantastic so far, including sales and the first A1 service (as well as bringing the wife's RDX in multiple times for various, planned services). I'm thinking I'll wait for the parts to be available and schedule an appointment some time next spring or summer once the techs get some more experience with the recall.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Found the article you were referencing:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a62554922/honda-recall-steering-civic-type-r-acura-integra-type-s/

R&T did a great job explaining the situation where every other article is just propagating the same information (some aren't even doing it correctly).

In short, 1% of the ~2 million vehicles (including ~300k or so Canadian cars) being recalled *could* exhibit symptoms. It looks like Honda wants to get ahead of the issue as it appears to be a problem that could eventually happen.

I'm not too concerned on my end because my dealership experience has been fantastic so far, including sales and the first A1 service (as well as bringing the wife's RDX in multiple times for various, planned services). I'm thinking I'll wait for the parts to be available and schedule an appointment some time next spring or summer once the techs get some more experience with the recall.
I wouldn't say "get ahead" when it's been an issue since 2016, but they are not addressing vehicles from 16-21, just 22+.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Also trying to avoid the dealership at all costs! LOL.
Sponsored