Sponsored

Integra Emissions System Problem

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
I’ve brought mine back to the dealership 3 times for the same codes. It’s been about 30 days altogether collectively that I haven’t had my car. (Friday makes another week not having my car) so I am considering a refund or replacement vehicle. Sent that vehicle defect form to Honda on Monday, overnighted.

i have been taking pics of the instrumentpanel evertime i grt the 3 codes starting at about 200 miles and im up to 11000 miles and i have about 38 pictures in that timeframe

just took to dealer for 3 rd time and they replaced more sensors and still having issues. Curious about the replacement form. How many times at the dealer before they even consider that ? Thx
Sponsored

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
i have been taking pics of the instrumentpanel evertime i grt the 3 codes starting at about 200 miles and im up to 11000 miles and i have about 38 pictures in that timeframe

just took to dealer for 3 rd time and they replaced more sensors and still having issues. Curious about the replacement form. How many times at the dealer before they even consider that ? Thx
3 times, I say. yeah I mailed out that form to honda back in June 17th/18th and haven't gotten any response from them yet. but my car sat at the dealer for more than 30+ days collectively. I have lots of videos and pictures too from it, even from when it doesn't want to start. one time, i drove like 50/75 miles and the codes came up again. my service advisor even had troubles starting the car on 2nd and 3rd time for this repair. thankfully I haven't had anything wrong again but i also haven't been driving it because I don't want to see limp mode again lol. I also have 14150ish miles on the dash, still fully completely stock.

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
3 times, I say. yeah I mailed out that form to honda back in June 17th/18th and haven't gotten any response from them yet. but my car sat at the dealer for more than 30+ days collectively. I have lots of videos and pictures too from it, even from when it doesn't want to start. one time, i drove like 50/75 miles and the codes came up again. my service advisor even had troubles starting the car on 2nd and 3rd time for this repair. thankfully I haven't had anything wrong again but i also haven't been driving it because I don't want to see limp mode again lol. I also have 14150ish miles on the dash, still fully completely stock.
wow. I havent had issues starting it but like i said since most of the time im driving it like this … even if the check engine lights go off its in that crappy mode till i get to the dealer. Which in reality. I maybe have driven it clean for maybe 300 miles of its 11000 miles today. That sucks

AsianEd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra TypeS
I was on the freeway today in my ITS and suddenly felt a shudder. I'd pretty much been driving steady state for an hour and a half with the cruise control on. The check engine light came on and all the driver aides shut off. Warnings started flashing on the cluster about emissions system issues, LKAS being unavailable, and Rev matching being disabled. I managed to drive the car an hour to my dealer in limp mode for them to diagnose.

About an hour later I got the bad news: fuel pump issue. It'd take them about a week to get the part in to do the work. They sent me on my way in a service loaner and would call me when they knew more.

Coincidentally, I got home and the TypeS shirt and umbrella I ordered from Autocannon a few months ago was sitting in my mailbox!

20240827_115739.jpg

DC5toDE5

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I apologize if someone mentioned this already. I had a problem with the emission system as well but I did not go through all 12 pages in this post.

On 9/11/2024, my Type S also had the rev match system problem at 553 miles and the CEL on. When I got home, I checked the error code and I had a pending P04F0 and a permanent P04F0. I cleared it but only the pending one was truly cleared. Note: a few days before this, I installed a Takeda cold air intake.

I saw a video where a guy was saying that some of these permanent emission system error codes need about 15 warm-up cycles and driven for 200 miles or more for the system to determine the fault is truly gone. My permanent P04F0 was gone today 9/18 at 919 miles. It was before 919 but that was the mileage I recorded when I got home. During this time, my exhaust was not making that aggressive note it makes (not sure how to call it). Now, it is back to normal and no error codes present.

Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Interesting. I'm waiting for the Takeda intake right now. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.
Thanks for sharing this info.

Side question, any installation issues with the Intake?

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I apologize if someone mentioned this already. I had a problem with the emission system as well but I did not go through all 12 pages in this post.

On 9/11/2024, my Type S also had the rev match system problem at 553 miles and the CEL on. When I got home, I checked the error code and I had a pending P04F0 and a permanent P04F0. I cleared it but only the pending one was truly cleared. Note: a few days before this, I installed a Takeda cold air intake.

I saw a video where a guy was saying that some of these permanent emission system error codes need about 15 warm-up cycles and driven for 200 miles or more for the system to determine the fault is truly gone. My permanent P04F0 was gone today 9/18 at 919 miles. It was before 919 but that was the mileage I recorded when I got home. During this time, my exhaust was not making that aggressive note it makes (not sure how to call it). Now, it is back to normal and no error codes present.
You need 3 "clean" driving cycles for the codes to just be stored and not be effective. So 3 drive cycles without the problem.

I don't know what exactly is a drive cycle, but it is something like the engine temp must reach normal operating temp, you need to go a certain speed for a certain amount of time, etc...

Once the code if just stored, you can clear it with a scanner.

DC5toDE5

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Interesting. I'm waiting for the Takeda intake right now. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.
Thanks for sharing this info.

Side question, any installation issues with the Intake?
No issues. Very straight forward and perfect fitment.

I'm not sure if the intake was part of the problem but it was the one thing I did to my car a few days before it happened. I brought it up in case it helps identify the root cause of this problem.

sarspants

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RSX-S
Need some help with P0011. Dealer is trying to update the software as outlined in the TSB but is coming across some sort of problem with their update software and can't manage to update my car. They've had it for 2 weeks now.

Those that have had the fix, which dealers have you been to? Hoping they can communicate with one another and come up with some sort of fix.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Need some help with P0011. Dealer is trying to update the software as outlined in the TSB but is coming across some sort of problem with their update software and can't manage to update my car. They've had it for 2 weeks now.

Those that have had the fix, which dealers have you been to? Hoping they can communicate with one another and come up with some sort of fix.
I’m sure they’re in talks with their engineer line. But if they can’t solve it looks like a new PCM is in your future.
Sponsored