Alignment problem

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mustang Shelby GT 500
Anyone else notice their alignment is off center?
20230802_155843.jpg
Never had this happen with a new car (300 miles). Haven't hit any pot holes or even driven it hard yet.
Sponsored

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Looks like whomever installed your Alcatara steering wheel didnt have it aligned when they tightened it..
this video could help you fix it or take it back to dealership..

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yeah there's a handful of people referencing this, and it does at least appear to be linked to the steering wheel install.

I think I saw somewhere the issue applied to the OEM wheel though, but I can't remember where I saw that.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Steering wheel attaches with a spline. When they installed it they were off probably one tooth or so.

OP
OP
Patio208

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mustang Shelby GT 500
Cars going back anyway on the 9th for the mirror caps to be installed correctly. They can adjust this too.

Sponsored

danielrs

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Same issue for me, could be alignment or steering wheel accessory being off by 1 tooth on the steering column shaft. Easy way to check:

1. Turn the steering wheel all way LEFT and take a picture
2. Turn the steering wheel all way RIGHT and take a picture

Take note of the amount of degrees (visually) you can turn LEFT, against the amount you can turn RIGHT. In my experiments, if said amount is under 1 inch (perimeter-wise) then you're good; and means that you probably need alignment.

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra type S
Mine is exact same. Funny part is. It was more off center when alignment was straight. Now that my alignment is off pretty good it’s straighter than ever and doesn’t drift

Brittania

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Toyota Camry
I paid a kia mechanic 50$ to do my Alcantara steering wheel over his lunch break and somehow it's dead straight. He said he was nervous after seeing some paperwork in the box talking about having to do an alignment afterwards but I guess I got lucky.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Mine was like that from factory. After maintenance alignment during tire replacement, it was fixed straight. Took the car back in for the steering rack to be replaced (sticky steering issue) a few months later and the steering wheel was off to nearly the same degree but the opposite direction :/ lol car drives straight and alignment is perfect so will just be rocking it slightly skewed until next alignment is needed

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra ASpec w/Tech, 10 Mazda Miata MX5
The wheel splines are usually pressed in after the wheel frame is cast, they are not keyed so each wheel will be different, so just moving the wheel one spine to the left or right may or may not correct an offset wheel. On my Miata the wheel position can be tweak at the rack to straighten it out without doing a full alignment. Don’t know if that adjustability is available for the Integra.

Reactions: rui

Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think it is a possibility, although, when I get an alignment, I center the wheel first, then shut the car off, and the tech puts the alignment into the correct settings, Leaving the wheel centered.

SlickMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2000 Honda S2000
Just had to take my car in for the same issue. 1600 miles and the steering wheel was off center, alignment was found to be far out of spec.

Dealership aligned the car and adjusted the wheel under warranty.
Sponsored