Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
That's for the Fl5 , no Valve either .
Correct but its a close enough concept of what their DE5 offering will be. You can have a butthole for your car

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Correct but its a close enough concept of what their DE5 offering will be. You can have a butthole for your car
LoL, They do offer it with 2 tips rather than 1 and while it looks nice I do want valved.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I did lol at this. I guess I'll just never stop laughing at dick and fart jokes, no matter how old I get.

The single pipe is a HARD no for me... but the dual is intriguing. An FL5 with a Tomei drove past me and I was kind of shocked at how loud it was.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I did lol at this. I guess I'll just never stop laughing at dick and fart jokes, no matter how old I get.

The single pipe is a HARD no for me... but the dual is intriguing. An FL5 with a Tomei drove past me and I was kind of shocked at how loud it was.
😂
Was it deeper/better sounding or just loud?

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
😂
Was it deeper/better sounding or just loud?
It didn't sound great but not hateful either... this engine will never sound great IMHO, but I could hear the car with my windows up which I'm pretty sure is not the case with the OEM exhaust. I'd also note he was driving responsibly so I didn't get to hear it at WOT or anything.

Definitely louder than I would want but some folks like loud so I can understand the appeal.

I did not like the single exit visually, but again- to each their own. Some might like that look.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
It didn't sound great but not hateful either... this engine will never sound great IMHO, but I could hear the car with my windows up which I'm pretty sure is not the case with the OEM exhaust. I'd also note he was driving responsibly so I didn't get to hear it at WOT or anything.

Definitely louder than I would want but some folks like loud so I can understand the appeal.

I did not like the single exit visually, but again- to each their own. Some might like that look.
I'd prefer single over dual just to avoid that veloster look and for weight, but that's just me.

Tomei is always in the business of making the lightest exhaust possible with the fewest bends. They're pretty decent stuff and I'd expect an exhaust for this platform to run for about 1800$ from them.

I'd buy one (and I have) for my Z, but for the street I can't stand the dry echoing and drone you get out of a titanium exhaust. It will make all the poor notes of this engine far more evident. I think the key to making this engine sound good is to limit piping size, introduce several specifically sized resonators, and posse do a helmholtz for the vtec changeover frequency.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
nah.

1726061904727-36.jpg

perhaps.

1726061993720-yv.jpg
Full veloster mode!!

Enhance!
Screenshot_20240911_084516_Google.jpg

The similarities become uncanny 😅. Both have big gaudy wings, both have weird bumper recesses, both have giant valence, both are hatchy in shape, both have tiny rear glass, and both have twin tips! If they were the same color, from 10ft away the average person wouldn't be able to distinguish them!

I kid, I kid, but twin tips have their places... On one side of the bumper on certain cars, and in the center on a veloster, 😂

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
... Man looking up the veloster makes me envious of their panel gaps and paint finish quality 😒

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
... Man looking up the veloster makes me envious of their panel gaps and paint finish quality 😒
This is just ridiculous at this point, just move on from your car lol.

Also, I don't understand why your brain maps dual center exhaust pipes to a Veloster. Bias is a strange thing, because mine goes here:

1726062962733-jt.jpg

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s

Also, I don't understand why your brain maps dual center exhaust pipes to a Veloster. Bias is a strange thing, because mine goes here:

1726062962733-jt.jpg
Don't get so butt hurt over other people's thoughts my man. It'll stress you out in life, and it's not worth it. I'll get rid of it when I want to, because it may be a dinky car but right now it's my dinker... As evidenced by the fact I bought it 3 months ago and have already thrown almost 20% of the cost of the car at it.

My brain goes to veloster because it's a direct competitor to this car. A gt3rs is certainly not, or any Porsche for that matter.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner

1726062962733-jt.jpg
Veloster has never been on my radar. I don't give Kia or Hyundai a 2nd look on the road or even if I go to a car show. I hate to be mean but they just don't do it for me in any way , shape or form. I don't feel there is competition at all. They are a low class sports car to me that have come a long way but still I feel like Hyundai and Kia should stick together separate from other vehicles.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Yet, AWE claims their 180-technology produces equal results as a valved system…

I’m curious, what have you seen to be the best selling exhaust for the DE5?
Yeah, I'm going to call BS on that one. I remember the rep stressing it doesn't make a difference but having an aftermarket exhaust with a valve, there's a tremendous difference in noise between comfort and sport+