Sponsored

Changing seat height

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Aspec w/Tech CVT
Okay so I had a passenger s how do I change the seat height. It does not seem the seat height goes up and down on the passenger seat. I am able to change it going forward and the lumbar position but how do I change the seat height like the driver side?
Sponsored

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
A ridiculous omission in so many cars today! Likely caused by Federal Safety laws and Airbag alignment.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
A ridiculous omission in so many cars today! Likely caused by Federal Safety laws and Airbag alignment.
Unlikely as I can move the steering wheel and my seat all over the place. Its more likely just cost cutting.

Sponsored

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
Unlikely as I can move the steering wheel and my seat all over the place. Its more likely just cost cutting.
For the driver though the airbag is in the steering wheel so as you move that for your comfort position then the airbag remains in it's proper placement, that is not the case on the passenger side.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
It's just cost cutting. I've had many manual seats that allow for height adjustment. This one just doesn't, probably for the same reason we don't have seat memory or hood struts... "to save weight($)"

boosted_canoe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Si
you can probably build spacers to raise the seat. had some on my Tacoma that worked great for my long legs.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
you definitely can do the spacer thing. Just grab some square aluminum tubing and cut one or two inch pieces. Insert between bottom rail and floor. Get longer bolts at the HW store. You can even cut say 2 inch pieces for the front space and one inch pieces for the back spacer to increase the seat bottom angle. That's what I used to do for my bucket seats.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I don't mess around with factory safety points because I don't want to assume liability for the passenger, be it my wife or anyone else. The worst case would be a bad accident where insurance refuses to pay for the passenger's injuries due to change in factory design by the owner.

It's the same thing as people converting the type s back seat into a three seat bench from lower trims. The car is registered for 4 seats, if you have 5 people in it in an accident you could be held personally liable for anyone injured in that middle seat and insurance may not pay at all for anyone in the back seat.

That said, if you choose to modify the bolt points for your vehicle, I recommend following the same thing we'd typically do in a racecar to get the chassis/safety systems certified.... The bolts need to be replaced with equivalent strength (just do grade 8 to be safe) and specific length added for the size of the spacer (+ or - a few mm) so that the bolt threads in the same distance as it did oem. Spacers should be made out of solid aluminum and at least 1" diameter. Steel can be used, but I believe needs a bit more torque.