Recall or just another TSB?

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Maybe I’ve been living under a rock, but what is this issue?

Sponsored

boosted_canoe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Si
sounds like they are using the same rack that's on the Civic Si's that's notorious for "sticky steering". the worm wheel wasn't cured correctly and it deforms over time and causes issues. supposedly they fixed the manufacturing issue on the new racks, but that's just hearsay.

I had mine replaced on my Si at 18k miles; but the steering felt "stiffer" starting around 8k miles, then got a lot worse very quickly at 18k. It felt even stiffer than sport mode steering even in normal mode; and felt no difference between "normal" and "sport".

I'm almost at 31k now and the replacement rack feels a lot better, so far.

"During manufacturing, the worm wheel goes through annealing and component conditioning processes. These processes caused internal stress and strain within the worm wheel. This strain was slowly released over the first few months of the vehicle life." — Honda

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Have any ITS's had this issue. I was under the impression they used a different part so this was an A-spec only issue.
Poor typing, meant to say “most non-ITS’s see” since it affects all civics/integra’s that are non-R/non-ITS. ITS’s use a different rack and motor

OP
OP
TeggySteve

TeggySteve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Aspec Tech 6MT
Have any ITS's had this issue. I was under the impression they used a different part so this was an A-spec only issue.
2023 - 2025 INTEGRA (INCLUDING TYPE S) :
Redistribute grease to the worm gear, and replace the end cap, spring, and spring seat in the EPS gearbox assembly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Sounds like we'll get something in the mail from Acura in November, and can schedule the repair at that point.

The dealer I talked to this morning said they're no longer able to sell any ITS (probably regular integra's too) until they are fixed.