Sponsored

installed Mishimoto expansion tank today

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Was interested in this due to issues others have had already but the welds looked kinda sloppy to me. Yours looks ok though - have they gotten better? Do you have a close-up shot?

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
This is the one to have once the factory part goes. All the other designs are 2 piece which, to me, is just as bad as the factory unit.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah I have had min installed for a few months and it's been solid. I did lightly sand the opening of the fill port since it had powder coat over spray. I was worried about it sealing properly.

Sponsored

Q_subsub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I was waiting for the PRL version to come out so I can get it in red but if it takes much longer I may end up going this route.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I was waiting for the PRL version to come out so I can get it in red but if it takes much longer I may end up going this route.
Mishimoto offers it in red, though it's brighter color than the engine cover.

Q_subsub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Mishimoto offers it in red, though it's brighter color than the engine cover.
I did see that. I wanted to get the PRL one hoping that it'll more closely match my PRP exterior. If else I'll just grab a black one from whichever reputable vendor.

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Can it be done without special tools for the hose clamps ? Walk me through it
10mm socket, pliers and any kind of vacuum pump to empty the reservoir is all that is needed.
I did use a hose clamp from my carbon fiber infusion kit on the upper hose but it is not required.
you can empty the tank before removing the upper hose and it wont leak.
Posting the install video on my channel this weekend.. https://www.youtube.com/koaticus

Was interested in this due to issues others have had already but the welds looked kinda sloppy to me. Yours looks ok though - have they gotten better? Do you have a close-up shot?
What others issues? I have seen any posts about issues with this one other than complaints about the fill windows being harder to see than other aftermarket tanks. it seemed pretty solid to me.

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
Yeah I got one and installed myself a few months ago too . Pretty easy even for a new like me lol . I got the red one and was like damn a smitch off in red from the valve cover but oh well it is what it is . Should have went black but to late now

Sponsored

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
10mm socket, pliers and any kind of vacuum pump to empty the reservoir is all that is needed.
I did use a hose clamp from my carbon fiber infusion kit on the upper hose but it is not required.
Posting the install video on my channel this weekend.. https://www.youtube.com/koaticus

What others issues? I have seen any posts about issues with this one other than complaints about the fill windows being harder to see than other aftermarket tanks. it seemed pretty solid to me.
I think he means reported issues with other brands of overflow tanks.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

The Radium offering is a 2 piece design and the rubber gasket that mates the two halves together is know to fail.
The mishimoto is a single piece fully welded aluminum design. Not gonna leak.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
The Radium offering is a 2 piece design and the rubber gasket that mates the two halves together is know to fail.
The mishimoto is a single piece fully welded aluminum design. Not gonna leak.
Did you happen to come accross any sources siting Radium tank failure?
Im curious as I've heard this too but wasnt able to find any actual sources.

I prefer the look and sight glass of the Radium over most but dollar for dollar if its going to fail it obviously isnt worth the trouble. Its also a more involved install which may cause headache reversing if necessary, the mishimoto looks pretty straight forward.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did you happen to come accross any sources siting Radium tank failure?
Im curious as I've heard this too but wasnt able to find any actual sources.

I prefer the look and sight glass of the Radium over most but dollar for dollar if its going to fail it obviously isnt worth the trouble. Its also a more involved install which may cause headache reversing if necessary, the mishimoto looks pretty straight forward.
I have seen posts with images of that seal leaking. AHC garage did an install using it but applied Honda sealant on the rubber seal.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I have seen posts with images of that seal leaking. AHC garage did an install using it but applied Honda sealant on the rubber seal.
Good to know!
Def sounds like it isnt worth the trouble, I appreciate the feedback!
Wonder if it would be possible to weld the halves together LOL.
Sponsored