Sponsored

ITS Drivers Window Rattle/Noise

SlickMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2000 Honda S2000
Maybe I missed it while trying to search, but I couldn’t find another thread about this.

Anyone else had an issue where over bumps/imperfections you get noise from the drivers side window? It’s not the seatbelt holder because the noise goes away when the window is down even a half inch.

Dealer replaced the run channel, claimed the car is fixed and now says it is a problem with all Integras. Love the car, but this noise is driving me crazy.
Sponsored

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2014 FJ Cruiser 2024 4Runner
Maybe I missed it while trying to search, but I couldn’t find another thread about this.

Anyone else had an issue where over bumps/imperfections you get noise from the drivers side window? It’s not the seatbelt holder because the noise goes away when the window is down even a half inch.

Dealer replaced the run channel, claimed the car is fixed and now says it is a problem with all Integras. Love the car, but this noise is driving me crazy.
I had something that seemed like the window rattled on mine, but I had so may pop up I gave up on trying to locate them. I had a very bad rattle where the infotainment screen and center speaker are.

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Have the same issue. Dealer replaced run channel, same problem persists.
Dealer also stated the window needs room to move to go up and down which I understand, but the driver side window is the only one that rattles like crazy. I also tried some spray lube and didn't fix the issue.

OP
OP

SlickMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2000 Honda S2000
Have the same issue. Dealer replaced run channel, same problem persists.
Dealer also stated the window needs room to move to go up and down which I understand, but the driver side window is the only one that rattles like crazy. I also tried some spray lube and didn't fix the issue.
Hate to hear that. Could understand the window needing room, if problems like this existed on every other car. Yet my 24 year old S2000 has windows that don’t make a damn sound.

Love everything else about the car so I’m just going to keep trying my own fixes along with being a pain in the ass to Acura until someone figures it out.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Mine only rattle when there open and you shut the door. Which even this feels cheap and I'm worried something will break.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yeah, all the time. I just push on the seat belt tensioner assembly and it usually stops it for a while.

My passenger seat belt has started rattling its ass off when the windows are down, that's sort of new.

None of these things are exclusive to this car btw. This whole concept that this car rattles more than others is a fallacy. I've had two consecutive Macans I've had to take in for similar rattles. One needed a bit of felt. The other needed the bolts for the seats tightened, they were loose from the factory.

YMMV. It's probably unwise to look to trade the car in for stuff like this, just saying.

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
I hate when dealers use the “they all have that rattle” cop out. I’d call their bluff and say let’s see if another Integra on the lot has the same rattle. Similar with people calling out the front bumper alignment lines, “they’re all imperfect, deal with it”. It’s bogus.

I understand it can be like chasing a ghost and that’s a pain in the ass but telling people they all do it is nonsense and I don’t think Honda/Acura would appreciate the blame as if it’s a design fault.
Sponsored