Sponsored

MrStip14

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Ebony
Yep- that seems off. I changed mine at 5k, didn’t reset, and now I’m at 15% with 9700 miles.
That’s what I was thinking. Any ideas as to why? I’m thinking it just has to be a programming bug or something. I do a fair bit of idling but not that bad. Maybe like 10-15 minutes a day
Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
That’s what I was thinking. Any ideas as to why? I’m thinking it just has to be a programming bug or something. I do a fair bit of idling but not that bad. Maybe like 10-15 minutes a day
I read somewhere that they may be a time component to the MM calculation too.

How long was it between the time you changed the oil at 2,500 miles and now when the MM is showing the 20%?

MrStip14

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Ebony
I read somewhere that they may be a time component to the MM calculation too.

How long was it between the time you changed the oil at 2,500 miles and now when the MM is showing the 20%?
I don’t remember exactly when. I got the car end of August last year. Promptly hit a deer, as you do with a new car, 8 days old 250 miles. Got it back mid October. Did first oil change about 2-2.5k sometime in January perhaps. Not sure when exactly, but winter time. I guess time would make sense, the car is almost a year old…

jpooah1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S Apex Blue
That's exactly what it is. Time. 12 months is max time, so 10 months in it will read 20% range regardless of mileage.
Thanks this helped. I bought car august 2023 and now july 2024 at 1419 miles it says i’m at 15 pct oil life. I figured since I’m coming up on a year

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 White ITS, 2015 Cayman GTS
Adding mine in as I am starting to see how a good 20 holds up to to shearing along with dilution. Looks to me its still breaking in a bit with higher metals. Mag was flagged but I think that is a mistake as they think its M1 ESP vs M1 EP which I told them about (the emissions Euro oils have slightly different add packs and limits to SP).

5K of 80% HWY miles on this sample, nothing added. M1 0w20 EP used with filter change., 9K total on car.

Dilution while not being as bad as the 1.5T is still there a tad, thus is life with GDI. Viscosity held up pretty good as VOA shows EP in the 8.6 range.

I'll run 5-6K OCIs and see how it trends and if metals stay higher, will see what a 30 grade does.

Screen Shot 2024-09-10 at 7.00.31 AM.jpg
Sponsored