Replacement headlight.....Acura...WTF?

BlackhawkBill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec w Tech Integra
So upon arriving home from a drive which consisted mostly of highway travel, I typically inspect my vehicle afterwards (as well as wash any bugs off). I noticed while cleaning my passenger side headlamp that a rock had struck it making a small gouge as well as a small crack (approx an inch in length). Doesn't seem to have cracked all the way thru. For the hell of it I called my local dealer to price a new one.....>drumroll<....$1,186.00.....LOL!!! Not really sure what to do in this situation....any advise or suggestions?
Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Insurance or pay out of pocket is really your best bet. You could probably buy a used unit and spend an afternoon replacing it for about what your insurance deductible is. I recommend PPF for headlights also!

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Insurance or pay out of pocket is really your best bet. You could probably buy a used unit and spend an afternoon replacing it for about what your insurance deductible is. I recommend PPF for headlights also!
i second the PPF on headlights. i think shops do it now included in the front-facing areas (or the whole car) but definitely request it if they don't

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
I found out that when these headlights short from getting water into them, the CANBUS system starts to have fun. My ASPEC/Tech was backed into a month after ownership and not thinking anything of it I drove it in snow. Well, my headlights shut off while driving one night in the snow and only the passenger side headlight only came back on.

The fun didn't stop there. I would walk into my garage and the car would just be on and in the start mode (I think the only reason it didn't actually ignition on is because I have a manual ASPEC). It would take me a couple taps of the ignition to get the car to not turn back on. Had to drive my Camaro briefly in the winter, as I was afraid of the oddities that were happening. Body shop had to disconnect the battery till they finally got a working $1500 headlight, as it locked them out of the car.
IMG_0207.jpeg
IMG_0253.jpeg

Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
So upon arriving home from a drive which consisted mostly of highway travel, I typically inspect my vehicle afterwards (as well as wash any bugs off). I noticed while cleaning my passenger side headlamp that a rock had struck it making a small gouge as well as a small crack (approx an inch in length). Doesn't seem to have cracked all the way thru. For the hell of it I called my local dealer to price a new one.....>drumroll<....$1,186.00.....LOL!!! Not really sure what to do in this situation....any advise or suggestions?
Search the part number on Google shopping, find somewhere that sells oem new for cheaper, take screenshot to your dealer and tell them to match it.

It's a fairly reasonable price for a headlight honestly. Kind of pricey since it's such a basic one, but not outside of normal.

vovakovtun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Headlights can be quite pricey these days! But here's a silver lining: you might consider selling your old ones online for parts. There are custom headlight builders out there who love to use those jewel eye headlights for their projects!

OP
OP

BlackhawkBill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec w Tech Integra
Thanks for the tips fellas..... still not sure what I'm gonna do.

Cantrip

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra APEC TECH
Mums ‘03 CL had. 1K headlight replacement at the dealer a few years back. Everyone in the dealer waiting room was flabbergasted when we told them.
Sponsored