eric123406109

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2021 RAV4 Prime, 1987 911
Hi,

I've noticed that I can't fill my tank at "full speed" at the pump, because it causes the pump to auto-shut off. So, I have to slow down the fill rate.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I haven't had an issue in the last 40+ fill-ups.. man this tank is small.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I always run the pump on the lower of the two settings. takes a bit longer. I got into the habit with previous car. It had a small filler neck or something. Also probably depends on the pump pressure, which may vary slightly from station to station.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Hi,

I've noticed that I can't fill my tank at "full speed" at the pump, because it causes the pump to auto-shut off. So, I have to slow down the fill rate.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?
You may have a defect. I know there is a carbon filter that picked up the fumes and will cause the pump handle to click and force you to hold it by hand and continuously press the trigger again and again while it clicks off. Run it low and let the dealer know and see if they can replicate with an on-site pump or come for a ride-along to fill up

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
No issues with my ITS.

Re: Frequency of fill ups - I used to refill the Impreza at 100 miles to go. With the ITS I find myself waiting until it's down to around 25-30 miles, at which point it takes about 10 gallons.

Sponsored

grapesdds

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
I have the same issue with mine. Brought it up to my service advisor and manager several times when taking it in for other reasons, gets nowhere with them, they say to just make sure to fill up slow. Just annoying at this point, but at least the tank is small so it doesn't take long.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
When this happens to me I just rotate the base of the nozzle a bit where the hose attaches, which redirects the flow in a slightly different direction into the tank opening. That often solves this problem for me.

OP
OP

eric123406109

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2021 RAV4 Prime, 1987 911
When this happens to me I just rotate the base of the nozzle a bit where the hose attaches, which redirects the flow in a slightly different direction into the tank opening. That often solves this problem for me.
thanks! I’ll give that a try.

scooter

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
On my very first fill up, I did not observe the 5 second rule about leaving the nozzle in the tank filler neck for 5 seconds after gas nozzle auto shuts off. As a consequence a small amount of gas spilled into the tank filler over flow and that night my garage had a heavy gasoline odor. Since then I have carefully observed the 5 seconds rule and no more gasoline odor. Not really sure if the above explanation is actually the cause and effect but wordering what else is different with this cars gasoline emissions systems that causes it to be so temperamental? Only have about 950 miles so not really certain my issue will not return.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Sport
Try not sticking the pump nozzle in as far. I've had that happen to me on some cars before.

Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I also observe the 5-10 second rule, leave the nozzle in when it's complete so both filler valves remain open and all gas can drain in the tank.

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I thought I didn't run into issue since I only pumped it three times and on the my fourth trip, I had to pump at a different gas station than I normally go to. It's most likely varies from gas station to gas station with the pump pressure. The auto-shut off kept triggering even on lower settings, so I had to manually hold it at a higher angle to keep the flow going.
Sponsored