Sponsored

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Replaced my cluster lens, it was messed up when I purchased the car. I tried polishing it with meguiars platix, and it got better but still hazy. My advice is not to touch this at all, maybe blow the dust off with compressed air.

IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

IMG_3057.jpeg
Sponsored

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Replaced my cluster lens, it was messed up when I purchased the car. I tried polishing it with meguiars platix, and it got better but still hazy. My advice is not to touch this at all, maybe blow the dust off with compressed air.

IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

IMG_3057.jpeg
Yeah mine had a giant swirl in it from pre-order (likely rushed production) and I tried plastic-x and polishing clothes, etc to no avail. Search up ProTech screen protectors to get a new one on there before it gets dusty and you try to wipe it. I feel as though if you breathe on these wrong they scratch. So annyoung

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
03 S2000 original owner, 24 ITS ABP/Ebony
Yeah mine had a giant swirl in it from pre-order (likely rushed production) and I tried plastic-x and polishing clothes, etc to no avail. Search up ProTech screen protectors to get a new one on there before it gets dusty and you try to wipe it. I feel as though if you breathe on these wrong they scratch. So annyoung
Re: Screen Protection Film - Is it this: https://screenprotech.com/collectio...ion/products/acura-integra-screen-protech-kit ? I noticed you can get an extra set for just $15, so two friendly ITS owners could share the cost of a double set making it just $35 each plus shipping.

@PRDE5 - Was it difficult pulling apart the interior to get to the cluster lens? Installing the film should be much easier with the lens uninstalled.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Re: Screen Protection Film - Is it this: https://screenprotech.com/collectio...ion/products/acura-integra-screen-protech-kit ? I noticed you can get an extra set for just $15, so two friendly ITS owners could share the cost of a double set making it just $35 each plus shipping.

@PRDE5 - Was it difficult pulling apart the interior to get to the cluster lens? Installing the film should be much easier with the lens uninstalled.
Yep that’s the one! Cool thing is, you get the infotainment screen protector with it and I would def go for the ‘extra’ set as a just in case for the future or as mentioned, split with a pal! Watched vids online of the installation process and it looks like it can even cover up existing scratches which is pretty cool

Sponsored

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S

It was simple to take apart the dash to get access to the cluster, it’s all pulled apart clips except 2 screws in the cluster bezel. I’d like to know if the film has total transparency like oem lens.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It was simple to take apart the dash to get access to the cluster, it’s all pulled apart clips except 2 screws in the cluster bezel. I’d like to know if the film has total transparency like oem lens.
There are a couple vids on YouTube regarding install of the protector. In particular, this chick who does a vlog about her Tacoma did it in detail for ProTech and you can’t even tell it’s there

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX

IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

IMG_3057.jpeg
Cluster gauge is a certain type of anti-glare plastic that will scratch if you sneeze on it. Air canned blower is the way then get a screen protector for it

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
(Actually yesterday) Took it to the track!! Had a lot of fun, the car was very capable and for sure had more to give than I was willing to ask for on its first track day. Experimented with full VSA on, partial off, and pedal dance; I preferred pedal dance, felt best of the three, although my first hot lap with VSA on, the system saved me when I lost the rear during a tricky downhill off-camber left turn. Saw a couple FK8s on track, then saw them in my rear view 😈

Perfect day except at the very end (my fault)—low fuel light came on last session, 75 miles left, so thought I was fine for another session (2.5 mile track, 6-7 laps per session) but after a couple laps felt some fuel cutoff. Thought it was typical K20C heat soak so turned heater full blast, but then bam check engine light + all warning lights came on along with limp mode. Limped back to the pits, freaked out about breaking the car, cooled down, then plugged in ODBII scanner: “P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure-Too Low”. Confirmed with others it was most likely due to fuel starvation during hard corners, so cleared the code and felt better. Probably common knowledge, but I’d say if you plan to track the car at a longer faster track, bring extra fuel can and refuel at 1/2 tank or 1/3 tank remaining. Still super fun and excited to track again

C Group - session 1 turn 4b - WS8_0108_Oct0123_848AM_CaliPhoto.jpeg
C Group - session 1 turn 4b - WS8_0340_Oct0123_854AM_CaliPhoto.jpeg
C Group - session 3 turn 4a - WS8_0033_Oct0123_1143AM_CaliPhoto.jpeg
IMG_5052.jpeg

Last edited:

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Anybody else hear like a metal on metal dragging noise while driving in gear not under load. Kinda sounds like maybe the brakes are dragging. Car seems fine just wonder if anybody else hearing something like that?

Sponsored

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
03 S2000 original owner, 24 ITS ABP/Ebony
(Actually yesterday) Took it to the track!! Had a lot of fun, the car was very capable and for sure had more to give than I was willing to ask for on its first track day. Experimented with full VSA on, partial off, and pedal dance; I preferred pedal dance, felt best of the three, although my first hot lap with VSA on, the system saved me when I lost the rear during a tricky downhill off-camber left turn. Saw a couple FK8s on track, then saw them in my rear view 😈

Perfect day except at the very end (my fault)—low fuel light came on last session, 75 miles left, so thought I was fine for another session (2.5 mile track, 6-7 laps per session) but after a couple laps felt some fuel cutoff. Thought it was typical K20C heat soak so turned heater full blast, but then bam check engine light + all warning lights came on along with limp mode. Limped back to the pits, freaked out about breaking the car, cooled down, then plugged in ODBII scanner: “P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure-Too Low”. Confirmed with others it was most likely due to fuel starvation during hard corners, so cleared the code and felt better. Probably common knowledge, but I’d say if you plan to track the car at a longer faster track, bring extra fuel can and refuel at 1/2 tank or 1/3 tank remaining. Still super fun and excited to track again

C Group - session 1 turn 4b - WS8_0108_Oct0123_848AM_CaliPhoto.jpeg
C Group - session 1 turn 4b - WS8_0340_Oct0123_854AM_CaliPhoto.jpeg
C Group - session 3 turn 4a - WS8_0033_Oct0123_1143AM_CaliPhoto.jpeg
IMG_5052.jpeg
Lap times?

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
Lap times?
😅 best lap of the day was 1:43. My first time at that track and learning the car’s limits. Excited to get under 1:40 next time and get closer to the car’s potential

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Anybody else hear like a metal on metal dragging noise while driving in gear not under load. Kinda sounds like maybe the brakes are dragging. Car seems fine just wonder if anybody else hearing something like that?
$5 says it's the electronic wastegate you're hearing--it's the same in the DE5 and FL5.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
$5 says it's the electronic wastegate you're hearing--it's the same in the DE5 and FL5.
It does go away once I give it any throttle. Can really hear if if you drive next to a wall or tunnel. Sounds like it’s normal then. Good to know. Thanks

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
It does go away once I give it any throttle. Can really hear if if you drive next to a wall or tunnel. Sounds like it’s normal then. Good to know. Thanks
If it's not that it's likely a rock in the calipers that usually works its way out or some take a flathead or pick tool to it.
Sponsored