Sponsored

LiquidIntegraNFT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
12JKR 18CTR 18M2 21DurangoHC 23Teggy6MT 23Bronco
$5000 ADM at Park Ave Acura in Rochelle Park, NJ. De-contented with a ~$15k premium over the A Spec - no thanks.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Starting to think some of these reviewers are doing a disservice to prices for the rest of us. I love watching and reading all these articles , but now dealers are using them as justification for their ridiculous prices. Just had a dealer ( already on the list) justify their ADM by saying Motor trend has an article saying the average TS ADM is 10k and they are well under that. Also since most get 5k over for a CTR that this is reasonable. Not to wish financial distress on anyone here , but I’m starting to think an economic downturn is way past due.

Sponsored

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
Starting to think some of these reviewers are doing a disservice to prices for the rest of us. I love watching and reading all these articles , but now dealers are using them as justification for their ridiculous prices. Just had a dealer ( already on the list) justify their ADM by saying Motor trend has an article saying the average TS ADM is 10k and they are well under that. Also since most get 5k over for a CTR that this is reasonable. Not to wish financial distress on anyone here , but I’m starting to think an economic downturn is way past due.
I think this is definitely more of an issue with the dealers than the reviewers. I've seen just about every review and they all bring up that the ITS is a bit higher in price at MSRP than initially expected, but generally close to being worth the price. The fact that the dealers can hear this and decide it means another 5-15k ADM is justified is indicative of a problem with that dealer, not the reviewer.

I understand dealers wanting to earn an extra buck (or thousands of bucks) off a sought-after, limited production vehicle, but there are other ways of doing that. As I mentioned in another thread, there are good dealers out there who are selling at MSRP, and they might "suggest" some addons (some of which I was going to get anyways).

Anyways, all that to say, it's not like the reviewers are saying "buy this car now! It's the best thing ever, worth it at any price!"

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think this is definitely more of an issue with the dealers than the reviewers. I've seen just about every review and they all bring up that the ITS is a bit higher in price at MSRP than initially expected, but generally close to being worth the price. The fact that the dealers can hear this and decide it means another 5-15k ADM is justified is indicative of a problem with that dealer, not the reviewer.

I understand dealers wanting to earn an extra buck (or thousands of bucks) off a sought-after, limited production vehicle, but there are other ways of doing that. As I mentioned in another thread, there are good dealers out there who are selling at MSRP, and they might "suggest" some addons (some of which I was going to get anyways).

Anyways, all that to say, it's not like the reviewers are saying "buy this car now! It's the best thing ever, worth it at any price!"

Not my point. My point is they say special car , great car, these cars will go fast. That’s what dealers hear and why they decide. I would think the same way in my business. I don’t need someone to say my product is worth more…. Just how good it is will suffice.

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
Not my point. My point is they say special car , great car, these cars will go fast. That’s what dealers hear and why they decide. I would think the same way in my business. I don’t need someone to say my product is worth more…. Just how good it is will suffice.
Well my point there was that they aren't overstating it's capabilities. They aren't saying: "Here's a 52k car that is really worth more". In fact in most of the more popular reviews it's clear that they're quite happy with the MSRP (or were hoping for something slightly lower).

It sounds like what you would prefer is just less marketing overall, or for the reviewers to say "yeah it's a normal car, it's not special, it doesn't go fast". Which is just not very realistic. I mean, we're all on this forum because we at least think there's something special about the car, right?

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Your right. I’m wrong. All these ADMs aren’t based on hearing reviewers say “best Fwd in a decade “ or “Return to greatness “. I’m sure when the person at my local dealership walked into their building the day after the embargo and said “I’ll take the demo with a markup and all the accessories right now “ it was based on him knowing how good the car was … after all he hadn’t driven the car , I mean who needs to drive a car first.

When I bought my GSR back 23 years ago it was in fact special , and there were no you tube reviews, and I got it for under msrp. I posted my thoughts on this and you posted yours. Maybe I am right , maybe you are . In the end no one today wins when a good car comes out.

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
Does anyone have any word regarding no mark-up dealerships in Ohio, besides Columbia Acura?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Does anyone have any word regarding no mark-up dealerships in Ohio, besides Columbia Acura?
I think Acura of Columbus might be MSRP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Acura Columbus is the only other dealership committing to MSRP on the ITS, most are looking for $5k+ over MSRP--unfortunately, Acura Columbus claims they have close to 100 people on their waiting list.

Angeloand

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX-S
Update on California dealership: Marin Acura Corte Madera are now charging 15k over MSRP.

Starting to believe I won't be able to get one of these at MSRP and might have to be willing to pay a <5k ADM/accessories or settle on a different car

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
When I bought my GSR back 23 years ago it was in fact special , and there were no you tube reviews, and I got it for under msrp. I posted my thoughts on this and you posted yours. Maybe I am right , maybe you are . In the end no one today wins when a good car comes out.
Much has changed in 23 years, including you. "Special" is both very personal and subjective. What's "special" to you today, may not even be "special" a few weeks or months from now. It's easy to look at something from so long ago and gloss over the issues you absolutely wouldn't settle for today, but were somehow fine with then. You might not have even been fine with those things then. You're different. Times are different. Time has a way of buffing out flaws.

If you're set on finding something that's "special" to you now for under MSRP, be patient, wait, and look around. Who knows? You might find it.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Much has changed in 23 years, including you. "Special" is both very personal and subjective. What's "special" to you today, may not even be "special" a few weeks or months from now. It's easy to look at something from so long ago and gloss over the issues you absolutely wouldn't settle for today, but were somehow fine with then. You might not have even been fine with those things then. You're different. Times are different. Time has a way of buffing out flaws.

If you're set on finding something that's "special" to you now for under MSRP, be patient, wait, and look around. Who knows? You might find it.
I’m locked at MSRP. Walked on all 5 CTR’s that were marked up. What’s special to me is a fun car at proper cost. It’s special to me that I didn’t buy the CTR because I would always feel like I overpaid. I do the same with all purchases (biz and homes ). What really has changed in 23 years is FOMO. Like everyday d River always says …. Used market to the rescue.
Sponsored