Sponsored

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Installed the Sprint Booster on my DE5. On race mode, acceleration is instantaneous throughout the rpm band. Iā€™m always blown away when I accelerate hard and wonder why the DE5 did not come like this out of the box from the factory. The car also feels like it pulls so much harder since the throttle body opens a lot faster on the ā€œRaceā€ setting. A lot of people donā€™t believe in it, but all I could say is I swear by it! I have to try it for myself to see if the Sprint Booster was all marketing BS. Call it snake oil, but to me the Sprint Booster is legit!

Anyways, I already have a Hondata on my desk. Just waiting for the DP and FP to arrive so I can install them and tune it on the same day.

I know I have to take the Sprint Booster out once I have installed the DP, FP, and tune the DE5 since a few tuners have mentioned that the tune ā€œmightā€ conflict with the Sprint Booster. I would actually feel better if the word ā€œmightā€ was changed to ā€œwillā€. Iā€™m just curious, has anyone or any tuner proven this? I actually want to hear from a tuner that actually installed a DP, FP, etc and did a tune with a car that also runs the Sprint Booster. Or not even with a DP or FP. I just need a a solid/proven answer if the Sprint Booster will be compatible with just a tune. If thereā€™s concrete evidence that thereā€™s compatibility issues, then itā€™s justified. For now, itā€™s all speculationā€¦
I have the sprint booster on my Toyota 4Runner bc the truck has terrible acceleration, in reality it is not making it faster . It is only tricking the throttle . It is basically opening the throttle sooner so rather than me mashing down my peddle to accelerate the sprint booster is setting it so you only have to push the peddle slightly down. I like it on my 4Runner but I donā€™t think Iā€™d be adding one to the type s.
Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Autofilm Solutions. They really are top tier quality and best price.

nomarkup

First Name
Gp
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Intergra type s
I have the sprint booster on my Toyota 4Runner bc the truck has terrible acceleration, in reality it is not making it faster . It is only tricking the throttle . It is basically opening the throttle sooner so rather than me mashing down my peddle to accelerate the sprint booster is setting it so you only have to push the peddle slightly down. I like it on my 4Runner but I donā€™t think Iā€™d be adding one to the type s.
To me, it really felt like the car was faster. Not by a whole lot, but I can definitely tell a difference without it and with it installed. Thereā€™s actually a video I saw in youtube (It was installed in a truck) where the 0-60 times dropped by a few milliseconds after a Sprint Booster was installed.

One thingā€™s for sure, throttle sensitivity is night and day difference compared to stock. Maybe this is the feeling it gave me that made the car feel faster? Besides that, it also made the car feel like is itā€™s pulling stronger. I donā€™t want to say that the Sprint Booster tricks the throttle. It amplifies/boosts the accelerator pedalā€™s sensor signal, hence the word booster.

Anyways, it was definitely worth buying and installing on my DE5. I really hope someone can actually test the Sprint Booster along with a tune to see if itā€™s compatible or not. If itā€™s compatible, the Sprint Booster definitely stays!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
To me, it really felt like the car was faster. Not by a whole lot, but I can definitely tell a difference without it and with it installed. Thereā€™s actually a video I saw in youtube (It was installed in a truck) where the 0-60 times dropped by a few milliseconds after a Sprint Booster was installed.

One thingā€™s for sure, throttle sensitivity is night and day difference compared to stock. Maybe this is the feeling it gave me that made the car feel faster? Besides that, it also made the car feel like is itā€™s pulling stronger. I donā€™t want to say that the Sprint Booster tricks the throttle. It amplifies/boosts the accelerator pedalā€™s sensor signal, hence the word booster.

Anyways, it was definitely worth buying and installing on my DE5. I really hope someone can actually test the Sprint Booster along with a tune to see if itā€™s compatible or not. If itā€™s compatible, the Sprint Booster definitely stays!
It's a debatable topic for sure. You could ask Derek Robinson - he'll be honest with you on how they work vs a tune - but he's not a fan of booster modules, especially with a tune because of the type of signals it sends. With a custom tune you can achieve the same results but in a better way (electronically communicating with the ecu correctly) & sell the sprint booster. (I'm sorta paraphrasing what I remember him saying) No point in having both really. People have said both his stage 1/1+ & Phearable tunes do the same thing with the throttle. No boosters function exactly the same.

Personally I don't care about the debate much since I'm starting with an OTS tune & then custom tune after fuel & turbo mods. On my Ram that I traded in, I would've considered a Banks Pedal Booster since I wasn't planning on tuning that vehicle. But if I'm tuning something, I'd ditch or sell the booster & let the tune do the same thing without the "false signals" they talk about with boosters.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I replaced all 4 with rampage titanium studs. Didn't want to risk having the standard bolt getting stuck later on
Good point. I may as well swap all 4 up top while it's all open still. Waiting on PTP to send me a turbo blanket with the correct plaque on it that's not all jacked up before bolting everything back up.

Question for you - did you keep the oem metal gaskets up top on the down pipe WITH the one that was supplied? Or just use the newly supplied gasket & remove the oem ones?

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Good point. I may as well swap all 4 up top while it's all open still. Waiting on PTP to send me a turbo blanket with the correct plaque on it that's not all jacked up before bolting everything back up.

Question for you - did you keep the oem metal gaskets up top on the down pipe WITH the one that was supplied? Or just use the newly supplied gasket & remove the oem ones?
I didn't get a new metal gasket with my RV6 dp, so I reused it. I did replace the gasket between the dp and fp.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I didn't get a new metal gasket with my RV6 dp, so I reused it. I did replace the gasket between the dp and fp.
Ahh ok. I remembered you had a different down pipe but couldn't remember which one. The TSP came with a gasket & the PRL front pipe came with 2 that I know you're aware of. Now that I'm typing this, I'm thinking the TSP came with its own just to connect to the front pipe down low as well. I've been so busy that I can't even think straight - I'll pull the other gasket out tomorrow, but I'm thinking it's just another 3 hole one now actually. šŸ¤Ŗ

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Ahh ok. I remembered you had a different down pipe but couldn't remember which one. The TSP came with a gasket & the PRL front pipe came with 2 that I know you're aware of. Now that I'm typing this, I'm thinking the TSP came with its own just to connect to the front pipe down low as well. I've been so busy that I can't even think straight - I'll pull the other gasket out tomorrow, but I'm thinking it's just another 3 hole one now actually. šŸ¤Ŗ
My guess it is the 3 hole soft style gasket.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

nomarkup

First Name
Gp
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Intergra type s
It's a debatable topic for sure. You could ask Derek Robinson - he'll be honest with you on how they work vs a tune - but he's not a fan of booster modules, especially with a tune because of the type of signals it sends. With a custom tune you can achieve the same results but in a better way (electronically communicating with the ecu correctly) & sell the sprint booster. (I'm sorta paraphrasing what I remember him saying) No point in having both really. People have said both his stage 1/1+ & Phearable tunes do the same thing with the throttle. No boosters function exactly the same.

Personally I don't care about the debate much since I'm starting with an OTS tune & then custom tune after fuel & turbo mods. On my Ram that I traded in, I would've considered a Banks Pedal Booster since I wasn't planning on tuning that vehicle. But if I'm tuning something, I'd ditch or sell the booster & let the tune do the same thing without the "false signals" they talk about with boosters.
Yes you are right since a few guys are saying the same thing. I can achieve the exact feeling with the Phearable tune since they do the same thing with the throttle. Derek may chime in and will probably say itā€™s not compatible, but if it does Iā€™ll definitely keep it. I just want to make full use of the Sprint Booster so I asked if itā€™s compatible with a tune or not. If not, I can just sell the Sprint Booster and definitely go for the tune that my hondata on my desk is waiting forā€¦ Hehehe!

Anyways, Iā€™m thankful for everyone who has chimed in on this. Really helpful forum and Iā€™m so glad to be part of it.

Sponsored

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner

You are correct it adjusts throttle sensitivity, I doubt it makes 0-60 time faster but definitely helps with reaction time when hitting the gas peddle .

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I replaced all 4 with rampage titanium studs. Didn't want to risk having the standard bolt getting stuck later on
What was your method? I was going to take these 2 out tonight but I'm a little paranoid - if I snap one I'm screwed. Did you use the 2 nut method & penetrating oil? No heat?

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
What was your method? I was going to take these 2 out tonight but I'm a little paranoid - if I snap one I'm screwed. Did you use the 2 nut method & penetrating oil? No heat?
I moved the car before I started so the damn cat was hot AF even though I just had it on for a minute or so. I did spray it with liquid wrench. Hardware came right off. Factory studs I used both nuts as jam nuts and removed them without issues.
Kept burning my hands trying to pull the cat out from the top PIA.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I moved the car before I started so the damn cat was hot AF even though I just had it on for a minute or so. I did spray it with liquid wrench. Hardware came right off. Factory studs I used both nuts as jam nuts and removed them without issues.
Kept burning my hands trying to pull the cat out from the top PIA.
Frustrating messing with hot stuff for sure. I've been down since Sunday so everything's cold AF. I'll probably just lubricate it tonight then, see if the double nut works tomorrow. Use torch if I need to. šŸ˜¬

Last edited: