Sponsored

Spare Tire Kit

glhs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
I too had planned to try the RL spare so thanks for whoever took that picture to show the clearance. Very disappointing there isn't the space to add one, especially with the 30 series tires it's only a matter of time before a pothole puts a big gash through the sidewall that fix a flat or an inflator won't do much to help with.

Has anyone considered a run flat? I know the 265/30/19 size has pretty limited offerings but it would seem like a 275 or 285 would fit on the wheels and that there is a lot wider selection of tire.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i did end up getting the modern spare, i'm just gonna keep it in the trunk and put my groceries around it lol

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I too had planned to try the RL spare so thanks for whoever took that picture to show the clearance. Very disappointing there isn't the space to add one, especially with the 30 series tires it's only a matter of time before a pothole puts a big gash through the sidewall that fix a flat or an inflator won't do much to help with.

Has anyone considered a run flat? I know the 265/30/19 size has pretty limited offerings but it would seem like a 275 or 285 would fit on the wheels and that there is a lot wider selection of tire.
Glad it helped someone. Don't forget to buy the special lug nuts for the spare as you won't be able to install it without them.

Sponsored

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Can you post a picture of how it looks in the trunk? Thanks
20231116_113535.jpg

sorry for the shitty lighting. yeah it destroys all the trunk space. i'm also going to have a small jack in there with my stubby impact wrench & sockets so i guess i'll have to quit shopping at costco LOL

and yes i bought the optional tire bag because i have mental problems lol

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The above picture is what I was trying to avoid with the RL spare located under the tray. (I also tested the RL spare in the trunk like this and thought that it was taking way too much space.)

If you leave the spare in the trunk like this, you loose all the space! It turns the practical ITS in a less practical car. Plus the spare will move around on each acceleration, deceleration and turns. And in case of a crash, the spare will fly around and risk killing you.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
FWIW I bought new tires and wheels for my A-Spec and kept one of the tires as a spare. I took out and disposed of the foam thing and the tire fits perfectly. Amazon delivered a scissors jack and a wrench so I am in business. I know the Type S has a different bolt pattern so that will make your search more challenging. God bless!

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
What is it like if you were to place the spare in the space below the cargo liner (with the foam removed of course). I'd prefer having some lifting or losing the flush cargo floor vs losing all the trunk space with the tire on top.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Also, for those who have bought the modern spare tire, what are the specs of the wheel? 18x4J? Offset/ET?

I wonder if we could replicate their set for cheaper by finding a comparable wheel (the tire itself is ~$110 at Tire Rack) or perhaps even a narrower wheel (and tire) that will be better fit the cargo floor. It would need to be 18" diameter wheel with 5x120 bolt pattern; stock wheel offset is 60mm.

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FWIW I bought new tires and wheels for my A-Spec and kept one of the tires as a spare. I took out and disposed of the foam thing and the tire fits perfectly. Amazon delivered a scissors jack and a wrench so I am in business. I know the Type S has a different bolt pattern so that will make your search more challenging. God bless!
Type S space under the tray is minimal compared to the regular Integra...

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also, for those who have bought the modern spare tire, what are the specs of the wheel? 18x4J? Offset/ET?

I wonder if we could replicate their set for cheaper by finding a comparable wheel (the tire itself is ~$110 at Tire Rack) or perhaps even a narrower wheel (and tire) that will be better fit the cargo floor. It would need to be 18" diameter wheel with 5x120 bolt pattern; stock wheel offset is 60mm.
Beware of offset if the size of the wheel is different! My winter wheels offset is +40 and they sit exactly at the same spot as the OE wheels, on the exterior. But they are 18x8 instead of the OE 19x9.5.

shelby3

First Name
Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
99 3-dr Tahoe/‘14 Subaru XT, eyeing Integra/Bronco
Here is the final result. Quite happy with it. Left is to put something under the tray so corners don't pry when something is in the trunk.

IMG_2240.jpeg
…When the tray is down, it doesn't sit flush anymore. It is raised maybe 1-2" near the tailgate…

IMG_2165.jpeg

IMG_2166.jpeg

IMG_2167.jpeg

Would deflating the spare reduce the remaining (~1.5 in?) floor board gap by perhaps a half inch or maybe even a full inch? 🧐

I typically carry a tire inflator in my vehicles anyway.

Last edited:

rojohi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 DE5, 2019 FK7, former owner 2018 Fk8
Here is the final result. Quite happy with it. Left is to put something under the tray so corners don't pry when something is in the trunk.

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2240.jpeg

IMG_2242.jpeg

IMG_2243.jpeg
I have the spare tire kit, that I bought for my FK8, and the spare sits about the same.

I am going to try and deflate first. to see of it makes a difference. If not, maybe some foam strips on either side before putting the trunk tray back in.

No ideal, but I prefer a proper spare.
Sponsored