Sponsored

Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Your comment on DSW (or is it DWS? Whatever - same three letters anyway haha) leads me to believe that the softer compound probably makes the flatspotting more prominent (which would make sense), but I may jack up each corner and check things are tight just in case.

I just don't remember winter tires being like this on my other cars where I've run a dedicated winter set, but then those had different suspension tunings and more sidewall too (even if only a little, 45 ratio on the last set I had, 40 with this set).

I've scheduled an appointment to get the wheel balance checked, but it's a couple weeks out. I think it's busy everywhere with everyone getting their cars winter-ready!
I'm running the same winter tires, and I haven't noticed anything that feels like flat-spotting, and I suspect my car sits longer than average between uses (today was its first time out since Thursday morning). 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
For anyone who have swapped to their winter setup already: Are you noticing flatspotting overnight?
I have Blizzaks and my ITS sits for a couple of days in between the drives, and I don't notice this at all.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I'm running the same winter tires, and I haven't noticed anything that feels like flat-spotting, and I suspect my car sits longer than average between uses (today was its first time out since Thursday morning). 🤷‍♂️
I have Blizzaks and my ITS sits for a couple of days in between the drives, and I don't notice this at all.
Hmm... seems it would be prudent for me to double check everything then. I think I'll go as far as re-mounting each wheel and see how things go from there.

If the issue persists, then it seems it may be a balance issue. Hopefully that's the worst it gets anyway. Though it wouldn't explain why the perceived bumpiness only really present during the first drive of the day.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Though it wouldn't explain why the perceived bumpiness only really present during the first drive of the day.
Might explain it in your case. On my 14 Fit, I have Toyo tires that "flat spot" everytime I park the car for a night. When I start to drive, it takes like 1-2 minutes for the flat spots to "round back to normal". So the first minutes of my drive, the car "shakes" a bit.

If you know someone with the same tires, ask if they have the same issue.

mattaleo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Civic Si
Just an FYI - those looking for winter tires for the OEM Type-S 19" wheels. I bought some Michelin Pilot Alpin PA 4 size 245/35 19 and they fit perfect. Some ppl were saying 245 would need to be stretched onto these wheels but they're wrong. After installing them Acura senior tech said they're perfect, 0 stretch. I bought them from kijiji for $550 with 10/32 nds, would have cost over 2k new.
Anyway, just a heads up if anyone comes across these and is wondering if they'll fit the stock wheels.

Sponsored

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
For people with less tires/wheels knowledge (asking for a friend), why would one install 245/35 19 and not 265/35 19 on stock wheels?

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Some ppl were saying 245 would need to be stretched onto these wheels but they're wrong.
You can go as narrow as 235 on a 9.5in rim on most tires.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
For people with less tires/wheels knowledge (asking for a friend), why would one install 245/35 19 and not 265/35 19 on stock wheels?
Narrower tires perform better in snow and mixed conditions. A narrow tire will divert snow and dig to the road surface for better traction, whereas the wider you go the more likely they are to drive over the snow and lose traction.

They're also cheaper.

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mustang Shelby GT 500
Interesting, I have the same tires, same size, but the rims do not stick out like that . Wondering if the installation at Acura by "thier superior machine" (service managers words) mitigated that.
Mine were also installed by the dealership.

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Might explain it in your case. On my 14 Fit, I have Toyo tires that "flat spot" everytime I park the car for a night. When I start to drive, it takes like 1-2 minutes for the flat spots to "round back to normal". So the first minutes of my drive, the car "shakes" a bit.

If you know someone with the same tires, ask if they have the same issue.
I experience the same with my Falken FK460s on two different cars. Non issue after a few minutes of driving.

Sponsored

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I experience the same with my Falken FK460s on two different cars. Non issue after a few minutes of driving.
Appreciate the input (from you and others)!

I remounted each wheel and was extra thoughtful about each step, checking for any looseness, etc. and still had the initial morning bumpiness. I really do think it's just flatspotting overnight and the temperature swings we're seeing + winter compound tires probably aren't helping.

I think I'm overthinking it at this point 😆 . The ITS is just a new car to me, so it comes with new sounds, new feel, etc. The TLX it replaced offered a more isolated driving experience and it also had all season tires on it all year round.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
Uhhh, Kumho, Nexen and Hankook are all South Korean and they make fine tires.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
Not my Michs all season 4, but back in my Conti's DWS (Fxd thanks #Norsairius) days they would flat spot, but the issue would be gone in less than a mile of driving.
Normal.

Brian G

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RLX
I just bought Pilot A/S3+ at Costco today size: 275/30/19. Surprised Michelin is still supplying them, but appreciate the can be had for $290 (after $100 off coupon) a tire installed. I like Costco's warranty and the size should cause my speedo to be off less than 1%.

For those looking to stay with a Michelin A/S and like Costco's warranty, you may want to consider it. You have to go into their tire center since the size is not available on their website.