Sponsored

Type S gets more attention than Type R : Yes or No?

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
I bought an FK8 when it was released in 2017 and that summer it did get some attention from people. Taking pictures, waves, stopping to talk at the pump or in parking lots.

But nothing like the number of people who want to know about this car. Just coming home from work almost every time some will wave or thumbs up or roll down window to talk; and I have had it almost a year now.

For me, in my area, it draws more attention than the FK8 ever did. Maybe because the Honda was black and this car is white?

Anyone else find this car gets more interest than most other similar cars do?
Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I certainly get attention, though not the best ones sometimes. I've had several cars (much faster cars) roll up o me wanting to run.

Even had a G80 call me out. Like bruh...I'm not a glutton for punishment.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I certainly get attention, though not the best ones sometimes. I've had several cars (much faster cars) roll up o me wanting to run.

Even had a G80 call me out. Like bruh...I'm not a glutton for punishment.
Yeah I had a Q50 Red Sport pull beside me on the highway. I'd be interested to see how it would match up but I was eating a sandwich.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I don't really get a lot of attention. Most people don't even realize the car exists, they figure it's just "another" Type S.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
This one gets mostly attention from other enthusiasts. I had several folks walk up to me this past weekend at a PCA autocross wanting to know more about the car or just wanting to chat about it. I think it's still relatively new and rare and that's a recipe for people wanting to conversate about it.

Also this was my first weekend out with the new wheels so that probably had a bit to do with it- got LOTS of positive comments about the wheels which was nice...

As for attention from the general public, not that much. I'd say a Type R would probably get more..

Sponsored

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
For me, people are mostly commenting on the beautiful color (Apex Blue) and don't know much else other than it's an Acura. I've gotten a few "I used to drive a TL/Integra/etc". Occasionally I'll get a thumbs up from random others (a Prelude, an 86, an older 3 series, an 11th gen Civic). Not much love from most non Type S Integras (I see them everywhere), but 100% from the 3 Type S I've seen so far.
Haven't been to any enthusiast events yet though, but maybe that will change soon.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I bought an FK8 when it was released in 2017 and that summer it did get some attention from people. Taking pictures, waves, stopping to talk at the pump or in parking lots.

But nothing like the number of people who want to know about this car. Just coming home from work almost every time some will wave or thumbs up or roll down window to talk; and I have had it almost a year now.

For me, in my area, it draws more attention than the FK8 ever did. Maybe because the Honda was black and this car is white?

I just noticed your profile and funnily enough, I saw a GR corolla yesterday (which was one of the cars I cross shopped with the ITS). I gave him a thumbs up...didn't get anything back. Granted, I did it with my window rolled up so maybe he didn't see me.

IMG_2670.jpeg

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Not hating on the Type R at all bc I love them also but I feel most would think the Type R is just a regular old civic with some mods unless they are enthusiasts . I have had a few people come up to me and ask about the type s , most are definitely enthusiasts also. I had one guy in a lambo truck last week trying to get my attention , he rolls down his window and asks if the triple exhaust was real lol.

ne_de5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 PRP DE5
My red DE5 gets far less attention than my champ white FL5 did. I agree with the above -- to most (in MA at least), it's just another Acura.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I hope
Not hating on the Type R at all bc I love them also but I feel most would think the Type R is just a regular old civic with some mods unless they are enthusiasts . I have had a few people come up to me and ask about the type s , most are definitely enthusiasts also. I had one guy in a lambo truck last week trying to get my attention , he rolls down his window and asks if the triple exhaust was real lol.
My take is that both cars are not flashy enough to garner much attention of the everyday person. Past an enthusiast, only colors like ABP, TEP or PRP might catch people's eye. From that they might think to themselves it's a nice car and then they'll quickly move on.

JustpassedU is on to something though. Depends the area but I rarely see even a base model Integra let alone the Type S. Meanwhile the Civic with extremely similar body lines to the Type R are a dime a dozen. Close your eyes, spin around while pointing and when you stop, there's a high likelihood you end up pointing to a Civic here where I am.

For that reason I'd consider the Type R to be more special to enthusiasts but less special than a Type S to everyone else which may also get attention due to it's novelty.

Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
My red DE5 gets far less attention than my champ white FL5 did. I agree with the above -- to most (in MA at least), it's just another Acura.
you went FL5 -> DE5? How do you like the switch?

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5

I think color is key. Normalizing for color, the Civic Type R is flashier. The wing...

ne_de5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 PRP DE5
you went FL5 -> DE5? How do you like the switch?
In general, I'm happy. The little changes on the Acura do add up to slightly better experience for me as a daily (S2000 on nice days). Materials are a bit better, the exterior design is nicer to my eyes (particularly the rear), the color palette is more interesting, and the interior is a bit quieter.

I do really, really miss the FL5 seats. I'm also a bit of a J VIN absolutist so that's always hanging over my head...

At the end of the day they're just so similar that I sometimes think the differences are overblown. I didn't make the switch from the FL5 to DE5 directly -- I think that would be a bit silly to be honest. I had the opportunity to own a Camaro SS 1LE on the cheap, so I sold the FL5 to make room for that, was able to cross it off my bucket list, and wanted to come back to an FL5/DE5. Figured I'd try the DE5, so here we are!

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
In general, I'm happy. The little changes on the Acura do add up to slightly better experience for me as a daily (S2000 on nice days). Materials are a bit better, the exterior design is nicer to my eyes (particularly the rear), the color palette is more interesting, and the interior is a bit quieter.

I do really, really miss the FL5 seats. I'm also a bit of a J VIN absolutist so that's always hanging over my head...

At the end of the day they're just so similar that I sometimes think the differences are overblown. I didn't make the switch from the FL5 to DE5 directly -- I think that would be a bit silly to be honest. I had the opportunity to own a Camaro SS 1LE on the cheap, so I sold the FL5 to make room for that, was able to cross it off my bucket list, and wanted to come back to an FL5/DE5. Figured I'd try the DE5, so here we are!
Interesting.

I could've gone either way and the biggest thing that swayed me to the DE5 was price. Here in SoCal it was impossible to find something at MSRP. I had the chance to see both in person on the same day too and thought the DE5 was just better looking in person.

Some days though when I'm browsing the civicxi forums, I see the FL5 and wonder myself if I should've gone that route. The FL5 photographs SO WELL while the DE5 absolutely does not. On top of that, the Type R moniker does do something for me that Type S doesn't.

At the end of the day though I'm happy with what I've got. It's always just that lingering "what if" musing some days so I appreciate you sharing your experience.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I think color is key. Normalizing for color, the Civic Type R is flashier. The wing...
Man, I disagree. Maybe the FK8 but the FL5 to me is more subtle than the styling on the DE5 (apart from that odd wing)
Sponsored