Sponsored

hypersss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ABP ITS
Interesting that they went for +45 offset wheels rather than +60, apparently they don’t think it’s all that important to retain the 0 scrub radius achieved with the dual-axis suspension.

BTW this is not a new wheel design, these are Titan7 T-S5. The TCX car used a 18” version.
Sponsored

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I want the Hood, wheels, and maybe spoiler.
The hood seems to be a really popular item.

Don't get me wrong, the carbon fiber weight savings is a nice feature but the standard ITS should get this hood (maybe with more standard materials) keeping the dual vent shape which makes the car that much nicer looking.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
The hood seems to be a really popular item.

Don't get me wrong, the carbon fiber weight savings is a nice feature but the standard ITS should get this hood (maybe with more standard materials) keeping the dual vent shape which makes the car that much nicer looking.
Oh yeah. I'd get it even if it wasn't carbon fiber.

Sponsored

Hind

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Watching…. Come on Santa. Bring us the HRC parts store. My wallet is ready.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Interesting that they went for +45 offset wheels rather than +60, apparently they don’t think it’s all that important to retain the 0 scrub radius achieved with the dual-axis suspension.

BTW this is not a new wheel design, these are Titan7 T-S5. The TCX car used a 18” version.
That offset would be correct if the wheel was 10.5" wide... Do we know if it's 9.5 or 10.5?

I'm more surprised they didn't put in proper fia seats with a halo...

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
so similar to offset going to +45 with 10.5 inch tires, what would the effect be of 275 vs 265 tires, but on the same 9.5 inch wide rim, but with the new offset of +45? Would going to 275 tire put the car closer to stock as far as scrub radius?

Am I making any sense? LOL.

Edit: article at the start of the thread says wheels stay at 19x9.5. So it is interesting they went with a +45 offset.

Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
so similar to offset going to +45 with 10.5 inch tires, what would the effect be of 275 vs 265 tires, but on the same 9.5 inch wide rim, but with the new offset of +45? Would going to 275 tire put the car closer to stock as far as scrub radius?

Edit: article at the start of the thread says wheels stay at 19x9.5. So it is interesting they went with a +45 offset.
Interesting... Maybe to open up room for brake ducting?

Underdog

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS, ‘06 Legacy GT

If I’m understanding you correctly, then no, a wider tire or wheel does not affect scrub. Offset is measured from the wheel centerline, so regardless of the width it will dictate where the centerline falls in relation to the hub mounting surface.

I suppose a taller (or shorter) tire would have a small affect on scrub, as it raises (or lowers) the intersection point between the suspension & steering geometry and the wheel/tire centerline at the contact patch.

They likely went with a +45 for the positive effects of a wider track, at the expense of some added scrub. The aesthetics probably also matter, since the look helps sell more cars and parts. Edit to add: lowering the car and altering the alignment (camber specifically) will also affect the scrub radius, so there is a lot to consider beyond just the offset.

Last edited:

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
If I’m understanding you correctly, then no, a wider tire or wheel does not affect scrub. Offset is measured from the wheel centerline, so regardless of the width it will dictate where the centerline falls in relation to the hub mounting surface.

I suppose a taller (or shorter) tire would have a small affect on scrub, as it raises (or lowers) the intersection point between the suspension & steering geometry and the wheel/tire centerline at the contact patch.

They likely went with a +45 for the positive effects of a wider track, at the expense of some added scrub. The aesthetics probably also matter, since the look helps sell more cars and parts. Edit to add: lowering the car and altering the alignment (camber specifically) will also affect the scrub radius, so there is a lot to consider beyond just the offset.
Adding negative camber and lower offset do the same thing to the scrub radius.

I think we might be over thinking it. It's probably more of a Sema car type thing and there are more race inspired cosmetic changes for primarily looks. Not saying it won't perform well, but their goal is to sell parts. Even the dual louvred hood isn't as efficient of a design as the center louvre on the factory its today. The best improvement for it would have been to deepen it and add wickers, but they went with a dual louvre design instead and still no wickers.