OP

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
This is that bullshit, right here. I ran into similar eye-opening remarks from my dealer yesterday.

First, I figured I'd just ask if they'd be willing to flush the brakes with different fluid, or even install an aftermarket exhaust. I could hear the confusion audibly on the other end of the phone, as the service advisor stuttered through a response that roughly equated to "we don't do that here". Then I just asked if they'd be willing to use oil I brought to do the oil change with. I got another non-answer but at least somewhat optimistic tone that they "might" be willing to do that but would have to double-check with the service manager.

This all points back to these Acura dealers just not having any experience whatsoever dealing with an enthusiast customer. They either don't know or want to shift blame at any reference to track usage or, apparently, aftermarket parts.

I think we all collectively should just start right now with setting an expectation early with the dealer that we intend to USE the car as Acura has marketed it, and they need to start wrapping their minds around purging the thought of track usage negating any warranty claim.

Also I think with this comes the acknowledgement that sharing any details about track usage with the service department at your local dealer will almost certainly result in enhanced scrutiny and quite likely a very negative experience overall.

Also- I think I've decided that instead of doubling down and buying a bunch of parts right now, I'm going to invest in a modest set of new tools. NOTHING about owning this car has reminded me so sharply that it's not a Porsche than the 3.5 minute conversation I had with an Acura service advisor.
Yeah, I'm going to reach out to acura/Honda directly and ask if the ctr and its are actually track capable or if the marketing is lying. Not in those words obviously, but that's the direction I'm headed so the dealer, acura and I can have open and honest conversations. I am not hiding anything, and I certainly don't intend to. I simply intend to use the car as they marketed it is capable of being used.

Things like pads and fluid, especially when they're built TO SPEC. Should never cause issues. The factory fill having significant contamination in the reservoir, could most certainly cause issues, so I can only imagine what may happen to someone who doesn't know otherwise and takes it out on track.

I'm also just disappointed in the way they handle things. Even the loaner car requires me checking off and signing multiple liability things each time. Can't leave the metro, GPS tracked, if I'm late I get charged 95$ per day, fuel has to be identical range when I come back, and of course I'm liable for everything. When I drop my car off at the audi dealer they don't ask for anything. They just throw me some keys and say "we'll call you when it's ready, come back at your convenience."
Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yeah, I'm going to reach out to acura/Honda directly and ask if the ctr and its are actually track capable or if the marketing is lying. Not in those words obviously, but that's the direction I'm headed so the dealer, acura and I can have open and honest conversations. I am not hiding anything, and I certainly don't intend to. I simply intend to use the car as they marketed it is capable of being used.

Things like pads and fluid, especially when they're built TO SPEC. Should never cause issues. The factory fill having significant contamination in the reservoir, could most certainly cause issues, so I can only imagine what may happen to someone who doesn't know otherwise and takes it out on track.

I'm also just disappointed in the way they handle things. Even the loaner car requires me checking off and signing multiple liability things each time. Can't leave the metro, GPS tracked, if I'm late I get charged 95$ per day, fuel has to be identical range when I come back, and of course I'm liable for everything. When I drop my car off at the audi dealer they don't ask for anything. They just throw me some keys and say "we'll call you when it's ready, come back at your convenience."
Yeah it's a different experience for sure. Up to this point I'd been happy with the service department- but I can see now that it was only because I was buying a new car that I got the royal treatment.

They put me in a loaner for almost two weeks while I waited for my car to arrive. They wanted my trade immediately and I just told them I needed a car to drive until this one came in and they happily obliged with a nearly-new RDX with 300 miles on it.

When I asked about a loaner yesterday after finally deciding I need to get my weird light throttle "wastegate" noise at least looked at, they told me the car needed to be diagnosed first and then approved by the service manager for me to get a loaner. But they could send me home in an Uber while I wait?

Porsche, it's never a question. If they don't have a loaner available they let you know when they'll have one. For anything you need them to look at. Audi, BMW were also the same.

However- Porsche also wanted $1800 for a "20k service" that consisted of an oil and filter change. So there's that.

Speaking of BMW, my experience has shown that they do indeed honor the track expectations for the M cars. I cooked my steel brakes on my F82 pretty badly- not catastrophic to the point of damage but they vibrated horribly after half a day at Summit Point- and they replaced the rotors and pads under warranty, no questions asked. Acura NEEDS to step up to the plate here with at least the same level of expectation.

Unless they pull the whole thing about the Type S being for "Street"... and it's only the CTR that gets the service pass for track use. How hilarious would that be?