Sponsored

Jester’s Tuning thread

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Just wanted to share some positive experience here, I got tuned by Javier and he has been nothing but great. He has went above and beyond and explained everything including showing me important bits of data on the log. The car feels much better than it was on the OTS tune and I enjoy the smooth power response, my OTS tune felt a little peaky since it wanted to give you a ton of torque down low. Javier's method of tuning helps a lot to prevent torque steer and help the differential pull you out of corners hard. This is important to me as I do a lot of spirited driving and AutoX. He has also left room in the tune to keep the engine conservative and safe.

OP
OP
JesterTuned

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FL5 Type R, S2000, Ram TRX
Just wanted to share some positive experience here, I got tuned by Javier and he has been nothing but great. He has went above and beyond and explained everything including showing me important bits of data on the log. The car feels much better than it was on the OTS tune and I enjoy the smooth power response, my OTS tune felt a little peaky since it wanted to give you a ton of torque down low. Javier's method of tuning helps a lot to prevent torque steer and help the differential pull you out of corners hard. This is important to me as I do a lot of spirited driving and AutoX. He has also left room in the tune to keep the engine conservative and safe.
Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience.

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Wanted to share my experience with getting a tune with Javier as well.

I'm in Canada and had the opportunity to get the ECU unlocked by Hondata's team that had an almost impromptu trip to Toronto.

I was not very satisfied with the power curve with the Hondata 93 octane base tune. It was fun, a noticeable power gain but it came in late around 4000rpm and very suddenly. This meant I needed a different OTS tune or a custom tune given I wanted to track the car occasionally.

I found Javier (Jester Tuned) through CivicXI forums and what he wrote there resonated with me really well and got in touch about a track tune. I had little interest in finding the highest power on the street, not when roads here can often slip in 3rd gear with stock tune. His response time is phenomenal with each data log I sent him. He even checked my track day data log I sent him around noon within an hour or two and let me know how everything had look.

The power was more than Hondata 93, at least to my butt. It comes on earlier but not too suddenly. Once the power comes on, it's a very smooth curve after that. Driving it around was really fun. 3rd and 4th gear has more power/torque than 1st and 2nd for good reason given this being an FWD car. For those wondering about "boost by gear", this ECU is more about torque target by gear and RPM rather than setting boost targets. It calculates everything needed to hit that torque target and not exceed it. Effectively it's better than boost by gear as it's more consistent and predictable power limit/target as environmental conditions change.

The engine performed phenomenally at the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park's Grand Prix track. I'm glad I put in Hawk HP+ with front Paragon Titanium brake pad shims. They were loud but they were needed to tame the higher speed from the tune. Let's just say that while the driver in the 911 GT3 RS didn't have the best lines through corners, I had little problem keeping up with him on straights. Not once did I have power throttling or response issues from the engine and I definitely needed some time to get used to the power and concentrating on not overshooting my braking point. Javier confirmed to me while I was at the track that over the course of a 14-15 lap session in a fairly cool 21 Celsius, there was no knock at all, not once.

I'll post again in the appropriate Type S track section once I put together the onboard video and telemetry.

Anyone interested in tuning, I highly recommend Javier. Btw, his custom tune includes future mods!

Here's a quick one from my IG:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JesterTuned

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wanted to share my experience with getting a tune with Javier as well.

I'm in Canada and had the opportunity to get the ECU unlocked by Hondata's team that had an almost impromptu trip to Toronto.

I was not very satisfied with the power curve with the Hondata 93 octane base tune. It was fun, a noticeable power gain but it came in late around 4000rpm and very suddenly. This meant I needed a different OTS tune or a custom tune given I wanted to track the car occasionally.

I found Javier (Jester Tuned) through CivicXI forums and what he wrote there resonated with me really well and got in touch about a track tune. I had little interest in finding the highest power on the street, not when roads here can often slip in 3rd gear with stock tune. His response time is phenomenal with each data log I sent him. He even checked my track day data log I sent him around noon within an hour or two and let me know how everything had look.

The power was more than Hondata 93, at least to my butt. It comes on earlier but not too suddenly. Once the power comes on, it's a very smooth curve after that. Driving it around was really fun. 3rd and 4th gear has more power/torque than 1st and 2nd for good reason given this being an FWD car. For those wondering about "boost by gear", this ECU is more about torque target by gear and RPM rather than setting boost targets. It calculates everything needed to hit that torque target and not exceed it. Effectively it's better than boost by gear as it's more consistent and predictable power limit/target as environmental conditions change.

The engine performed phenomenally at the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park's Grand Prix track. I'm glad I put in Hawk HP+ with front Paragon Titanium brake pad shims. They were loud but they were needed to tame the higher speed from the tune. Let's just say that while the driver in the 911 GT3 RS didn't have the best lines through corners, I had little problem keeping up with him on straights. Not once did I have power throttling or response issues from the engine and I definitely needed some time to get used to the power and concentrating on not overshooting my braking point. Javier confirmed to me while I was at the track that over the course of a 14-15 lap session in a fairly cool 21 Celsius, there was no knock at all, not once.

I'll post again in the appropriate Type S track section once I put together the onboard video and telemetry.

Anyone interested in tuning, I highly recommend Javier. Btw, his custom tune includes future mods!

Here's a quick one from my IG:
I’m happy that the car performed flawlessly!

Thank you for the kind words.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
OK I made it to page 9 on the FL5 forums before I gave up lol. Mainly because I felt the content started to get detailed and was beyond the scope of what I'm looking for out of the car.

I have a spare ECU and plan on cloning, unlocking, and loading the tune to the spare. My primary goals are not power related but more quality of life and driveability, though a bump in power would be a nice benefit. @JesterTuned would you have any recommendations? I'm sure a stage 1 OTS tune would be fine for someone like me but at the same time I wouldn't be against a custom approach if it provides for a better experience.

My priorities for a tune are below:
- 100% street car (longevity and safe running parameters)
- After sales support (I promise I'm not a naggy client)
- Eliminate rev hang
- Factory (not "factory-like") burble behavior and valve operation across all drive modes
- Throttle mapping adjustability across all drive modes
- Factory-like power delivery (though I feel some more low end grunt would be beneficial)
- I always pump Shell 93
- 10%-15% bump in power over stock (if possible)

Current mods and plans for mods:
- *Might* consider a drop in filter at some point
- Currently running MBRP axle back (unresonated)
- No further plans for a down pipe, hi flow cat, or other exhaust mods
- No plans for fueling upgrades
- No plans for engine internals
- No plans for turbo upgrades

Is there a suite of settings that can be adjusted once the ECU is unlocked? I'm open to PMs if some of this information needs to stay proprietary. I'm aware of the efforts put into the process and the need to protect it, I fully support that.

OP
OP
JesterTuned

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OK I made it to page 9 on the FL5 forums before I gave up lol. Mainly because I felt the content started to get detailed and was beyond the scope of what I'm looking for out of the car.

I have a spare ECU and plan on cloning, unlocking, and loading the tune to the spare. My primary goals are not power related but more quality of life and driveability, though a bump in power would be a nice benefit. @JesterTuned would you have any recommendations? I'm sure a stage 1 OTS tune would be fine for someone like me but at the same time I wouldn't be against a custom approach if it provides for a better experience.

My priorities for a tune are below:
- 100% street car (longevity and safe running parameters)
- After sales support (I promise I'm not a naggy client)
- Eliminate rev hang
- Factory (not "factory-like") burble behavior and valve operation across all drive modes
- Throttle mapping adjustability across all drive modes
- Factory-like power delivery (though I feel some more low end grunt would be beneficial)
- I always pump Shell 93
- 10%-15% bump in power over stock (if possible)

Current mods and plans for mods:
- *Might* consider a drop in filter at some point
- Currently running MBRP axle back (unresonated)
- No further plans for a down pipe, hi flow cat, or other exhaust mods
- No plans for fueling upgrades
- No plans for engine internals
- No plans for turbo upgrades

Is there a suite of settings that can be adjusted once the ECU is unlocked? I'm open to PMs if some of this information needs to stay proprietary. I'm aware of the efforts put into the process and the need to protect it, I fully support that.
So the process is very simple and painless. I have tuned anything from a stock car to cars with extreme mods and built engines. So I only do what the customer wants.

All of your priorities will be met with the tune, just to avoid a mega long answer explaining every little detail. I am known for my customer service and support even after I am done with your tune. But all your priorities are achievable and realistic. But I will still send you a PM to discuss further.

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
This probably a dumb question, but do you have to have a Windows laptop in order to upload tunes and get data logging for custom tunes? Or can this all be accomplished with the flashpro device that Hondata provides when they unlock your car?

OP
OP
JesterTuned

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This probably a dumb question, but do you have to have a Windows laptop in order to upload tunes and get data logging for custom tunes? Or can this all be accomplished with the flashpro device that Hondata provides when they unlock your car?
So the flashpro software only works on windows. You can upload and save logs on the flashpro but you need the software to be able to communicate with the flashpro.

Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Got Jestertuned today. Love it. so smooth and really quick. I'm totally stock otherwise although I will be adding an intake. Still undecided on the downpipe. Power is noticeably stronger than the OTS Hondata stage 1. Javier was great to deal with. Answered all my questions and walked me through the reflash. Helped me pull Logs, and even sent a revision an hour after I sent him the first log to review. Got that loaded up and will be sending a log tomorrow for review. Highly recommend. Oh price was very competitive too, especially considering the ongoing service.
Very pleased and I will report back after I drive the car for several days.

OP
OP
JesterTuned

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got Jestertuned today. Love it. so smooth and really quick. I'm totally stock otherwise although I will be adding an intake. Still undecided on the downpipe. Power is noticeably stronger than the OTS Hondata stage 1. Javier was great to deal with. Answered all my questions and walked me through the reflash. Helped me pull Logs, and even sent a revision an hour after I sent him the first log to review. Got that loaded up and will be sending a log tomorrow for review. Highly recommend. Oh price was very competitive too, especially considering the ongoing service.
Very pleased and I will report back after I drive the car for several days.
Thank you so much for the business and the awesome review! I appreciate you!
Sponsored