Sponsored

Loose/ Shittily Fit Trunk Close Handles

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i fortunately don't have any fitment issues with bumper/fender or interior, with the exception of those handle inserts that fit in the back trim piece of the hatch. the very first day i got the car and opened the trunk i noticed they were a bit loose- in fact that whole back trim piece has a lot of play in it if you mess with it. but earlier today i opened the hatch and the right handle insert actually fell out while it was opening. it snaps in place but it does feel like it's barely held in place and will fall out again.

just wondering if anyone else has this too.
Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Not here but I did notice the little tab/cover behind the shifter trim fell onto the phone charger cup. I had a hell of a time trying to pop it back in there but it still doesn't feel as secure as it should.

Time will tell if if it stays in there but I don't know how it came out to begin with -- I know, pretty minor compared to yours though.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Not here but I did notice the little tab/cover behind the shifter trim fell onto the phone charger cup. I had a hell of a time trying to pop it back in there but it still doesn't feel as secure as it should.

Time will tell if if it stays in there but I don't know how it came out to begin with -- I know, pretty minor compared to yours though.
actually i would be a lot more bothered about an issue inside of the cabin than in the back of the hatch. i'm a bit annoyed by it but i can certainly live with it.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
No "play" in my rear hatch handles...IDK OP could be just some missing screws or clips..may be a simple fix

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
actually i would be a lot more bothered about an issue inside of the cabin than in the back of the hatch. i'm a bit annoyed by it but i can certainly live with it.
Just checked because you made me really question it and nope no issues with the hand hold.

As for the little cover in the charging cup, it’s there. I guess I just needed to align it properly. It’s a bitch since I was doing it by feel 😅

Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Just checked because you made me really question it and nope no issues with the hand hold.

As for the little cover in the charging cup, it’s there. I guess I just needed to align it properly. It’s a bitch since I was doing it by feel 😅

Maybe just a broken clip on the handle and dealer can replace?

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
i fortunately don't have any fitment issues with bumper/fender or interior, with the exception of those handle inserts that fit in the back trim piece of the hatch. the very first day i got the car and opened the trunk i noticed they were a bit loose- in fact that whole back trim piece has a lot of play in it if you mess with it. but earlier today i opened the hatch and the right handle insert actually fell out while it was opening. it snaps in place but it does feel like it's barely held in place and will fall out again.

When I first got my car I heard a loud bang come from the rear upon stopping, I pulled over and checked the entire car and nothing. When I got home I went to get something out of the trunk and found out it was the handle that popped out . I snapped it back in and 2000 miles later it has not come back out again .

Ampersand

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2013 Civic Si

I had this issue. I also had the carbon fiber spoiler installed. I think the dealer has to remove those handles during the spoiler installation, which probably adds to the fitment issue. I took my car back to the dealer and they installed two NEW handles. Haven't had a problem since.

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
I had the same issue with mine on the left handle insert. The tab on the handle insert needs to catch onto the metal of the car, not just the plastic trim piece. Had to work it in with some force for it to catch it. No issue thus far, but I also make it an effort to not use the left handle insert.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I had this issue. I also had the carbon fiber spoiler installed. I think the dealer has to remove those handles during the spoiler installation, which probably adds to the fitment issue. I took my car back to the dealer and they installed two NEW handles. Haven't had a problem since.
interesting, i also had the carbon fiber spoiler installed. i didn't realize they removed the handle inserts though- the reason i say this is because when they drilled the holes for the spoiler, they didn't vacuum out that inner void and the leftover shavings continuously trickled out through the latch down into the trunk area for literally months- with the handle insert gone it gives you a nice access for a vacuum hose.

I had the same issue with mine on the left handle insert. The tab on the handle insert needs to catch onto the metal of the car, not just the plastic trim piece. Had to work it in with some force for it to catch it. No issue thus far, but I also make it an effort to not use the left handle insert.
i didn't realize that, thanks for the info

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra ASpec w/Tech, 10 Mazda Miata MX5

Mine fell out too, first took a while to figure out where it came from. Yes, very fiddly to get it back in place. So far so good.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Mine fell out on second use. The lever area on them was bruised as if by a metal pick. I suspect the dealer tech that installed the black badges did it. They took some force to pop back in around the metal, and then wiggled too much for my liking. When I did the spoiler install, I felt taped every nook and cranny of the big plastic cover and discovered they also broke (and left broken or missing) 3 of the green pop clips that hold the back area up. Felt tape the bottom contact area and sides of the hatch handles and bending out the plastic clip a bit helped a lot. It now feels 90%. Still a touch of wiggle, but it doesn't make noise or creak like before.
Sponsored