Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Haze usually means excess product. You probably just didn't move fast enough to buff or used too much product. You can either polish to level it out or try to apply another coat and move to buffing much faster.

It happens with ceramic coatings, especially when you've got a pattern down that works and then something out of your control changes, like higher pressure, hotter day, or more humid day. I had a bottle that spilled slightly so some evap loss and then I also applied it in 90 degree heat with 60% humidity. It was the Adam's top tier graphene "advanced" which already flashes faster. It basically turned into super glue in 20 seconds. By 45 seconds it was solid.
I was concerned about the humidity, that has to be it.

I'll try another layer this weekend, it's supposed to be perfect weather anyway.

I did take a few pics in my shady driveway this evening. I can't see any haze at all in these photos, and clearly the car looks fantastic. (I also got my dent "fixed")

1728609988595-bv.jpg

1728609903540-b6.jpg

1728609943659-rt.jpg
Sponsored

Wolfman

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 Model 3 Dual Motor
The plastic pieces come prepainted and the metal pieces come primed from what I've seen.

These fenders are stupid cheap, though. I've found a few oem sources for less than 200$, which you could have your local dealer price match. Raw primed panel should be pretty cheap to have painted since there's virtually no prep work. If you have a pearl finish, it will never look 100% matched. They can get 99% close, and most people won't notice, but if you have a sharp eye, you're better off having a custom paint shop take their time blending. The average body shop will not be able to do it perfectly, despite any claims.

I think there are a few online dealers of "prepainted oem parts" which you can purchase. They like to charge about 500$ per panel in addition to cost of the panel. I've seen them but personally have no experience using them.
Thanks I figured. With the car being only a few months old I am just not thrilled to blend the door, hood, and bumper :/… but I think I’m SOL and need to do it.

myhdnromance

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Acura Integra, 2004 WRX, 2016 MDX, 2024 Type S Integra.
I saw a fender on eBay not long ago but not sure what side you need. The one side was pretty fubar

My current situation.

IMG_5885.jpeg

IMG_5881.jpeg

IMG_5863.jpeg
Sponsored