Sponsored

Spare Tire Kit

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
It only takes one tire puncture (side wall) to make the car undriveable. Attempting to limb to a service location will undoubtedly cause rim damage in the process. So a damaged tire leads to either a wheel replacement or a tow....far more expensive than a kit.

I frequently drIve on backroads and in the mtns, there is no easy way to have an undriveable tire replaced in these areas.....spare is my insurance policy, IMO.
I will add on that if you get a repairable puncture like a screw/nail in the tread of your tire and use the sealant w/ the inflator kit, you will have to replace the tire since once the sealant is used on a tire the tire cannot be repaired. Though the Integra doesn't have AWD, if it did then any other tire with a tread depth difference in excess of 2/32 should be replaced to prevent damage to the AWD.

If you had a spare to put on you could get repairable damage to that tire repaired at a much lower cost than replacing it.
Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Added a picture of what I will use to secure the spare in the trunk. Will weld the bracket to the trunk pan and be done with it.

366796966_681106524058611_4399429751348732726_n.jpg
Replying to myself just to update...

Was going to weld the thingy in the picture above in the trunk, but thought about what would happen if the trunk gets hot by the welding process... paint would lift. Not that much of a problem in the trunk as it is not exposed to the elements, and would be easy to just prime white (my ITS is white). But it's another story for under the car. So decided not to do it that way.

Instead, I went to a body shop to ask some suggestions. They say they have super strong glue that is used nowadays on the frame of most cars. So I'm going back next Friday to have it glued in the trunk. Must sand to bare metal before doing so, but It'll be easy to just prime it white afterwards.

Will post pics when done.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Are you going to separate the mount from the original spare tire pan what was cut out with it first or just glue it in with that still attached? If it were me, I'd cut the old spare tire pan off as best I could and just glue the mount in place.

Though, I think there may be an actual spare kit in the future since the part for the trunk floor is labeled spare tire pan. Unless they are just reusing that since it's common terminology which most would understand.

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
03 S2000 original owner, 24 ITS ABP/Ebony
Replying to myself just to update...

Was going to weld the thingy in the picture above in the trunk, but thought about what would happen if the trunk gets hot by the welding process... paint would lift. Not that much of a problem in the trunk as it is not exposed to the elements, and would be easy to just prime white (my ITS is white). But it's another story for under the car. So decided not to do it that way.

Instead, I went to a body shop to ask some suggestions. They say they have super strong glue that is used nowadays on the frame of most cars. So I'm going back next Friday to have it glued in the trunk. Must sand to bare metal before doing so, but It'll be easy to just prime it white afterwards.

Will post pics when done.
You could simply mount one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J3DLZXY from the underside using bolts or pop rivets and plenty of silicone to seal it. That's my plan.

61MggV00f9L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are you going to separate the mount from the original spare tire pan what was cut out with it first or just glue it in with that still attached? If it were me, I'd cut the old spare tire pan off as best I could and just glue the mount in place.

Though, I think there may be an actual spare kit in the future since the part for the trunk floor is labeled spare tire pan. Unless they are just reusing that since it's common terminology which most would understand.
Yeah, I removed everything... Will look like this:
1695760895585.jpeg

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You could simply mount one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J3DLZXY from the underside using bolts or pop rivets and plenty of silicone to seal it. That's my plan.

61MggV00f9L._AC_SL1001_.jpg
Nice Idea!

But I don't want to drill into the trunk. With road salt every winter, rust could start underneath.

Would do something like that if I lived in the south where there is no snow!

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For anyone going the Acura RL spare tire route, you'll also have to buy 5 new lugs for the spare.

The Acura RL did not use ball seat lug nuts, but rather flat seat lugs with a washer. See pictures. OE ITS lug nuts won't hold the wheel correctly in place for driving!

I'll update my older posts with this info.

IMG_2254.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored