Sponsored

Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
I haven't noticed any issues with my DWS06 plus 275/30/19. They do seem firmer then the soft PS4S but don't notice any vibrations.
Conti's used to have a earned rep for having soft side walls..used them on the wife's TSX and TL back in the day..May be they changed some thing in their manufacturing process...was not expecting to read the above statement... Hmmmnn
Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Conti's used to have a earned rep for having soft side walls..used them on the wife's TSX and TL back in the day..May be they changed some thing in their manufacturing process...was not expecting to read the above statement... Hmmmnn
There is more road feel, went over some rough roads and speed bumps going through the dealer parking lot and the contis felt much firmer. I'm sure cornering isn't as good since it is A/S. The 275 Contis have a higher load rating so my guess the sidewalls could be slightly stiffer.

Frosty_DE5

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LSM ITS
I actually didn't spend much on on researching. I used Tire Rack and the only all-season tires they show there are:
CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS
Size: 265/30ZR19

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 3.18.10 PM.png
I haven’t considered the 30 profile tires because New England winters (aka potholes) can be rough. I’m also hoping the 35 profile will give me a softer ride.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Another noob question: Does the Acura Integra Type S have stud clips? I don't think I saw any, but I was clearing out my office and the box that the wheel hardware came in from Tire Rack had a sticker with a warning about stud clips. I admit I forgot about it when I swapped to my winter wheels as I've never had to worry about such things with previous cars where I swapped between warm/cold weather wheels and tires.

Tire Rack link with more info: https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade-garage/what-are-stud-clips-on-vehicle-hubs

Tire Rack indicates that stud clips are a thing that US domestic brands use so I assume there's none to worry about on an Acura, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask here with the hope that someone here would know before I take a wheel off my car and double check.

Sponsored

sayonara

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Get a set of Conti Extreme Contact DSW's in OEM size and be done with it. Unless you are tracking the car you won't notice a difference. Spend your money on other stuff.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Another noob question: Does the Acura Integra Type S have stud clips? I don't think I saw any, but I was clearing out my office and the box that the wheel hardware came in from Tire Rack had a sticker with a warning about stud clips. I admit I forgot about it when I swapped to my winter wheels as I've never had to worry about such things with previous cars where I swapped between warm/cold weather wheels and tires.

Tire Rack link with more info: https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade-garage/what-are-stud-clips-on-vehicle-hubs

Tire Rack indicates that stud clips are a thing that US domestic brands use so I assume there's none to worry about on an Acura, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask here with the hope that someone here would know before I take a wheel off my car and double check.
Never seen that on a Honda before (on any car actually). When I test fitted my winter wheels, didn't see stud clips on the Integra.

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
Get a set of Conti Extreme Contact DSW's in OEM size and be done with it. Unless you are tracking the car you won't notice a difference. Spend your money on other stuff.
Winter are mandated by law from Dec 1st to Mar 15th in Quebec. Not an option for me.

But if you are never going to autox or track your car for many places performance all-seasons would be perfect.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Never seen that on a Honda before (on any car actually). When I test fitted my winter wheels, didn't see stud clips on the Integra.
Thanks! I didn't think there were any as I would be surprised if I didn't notice them when I did the swap, but I just wanted to be sure. I didn't mean to be lazy by asking here before checking myself, but haven't been able to for various reasons so I appreciate your response!

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
Got my winter wheels mounted n put on the car today. Really liked the way the FL5 wheels look so I went that route. For anyone thinking about that n still want to use tpms sensor. The tire shop didn’t want to replace the stock FL5 valve steam on the Ctr wheels with the tpms ones bc the tpms is straight n might hit the front calipers. The stock FL5 value stems are a 90 degree bend so it doesnt hit the caliper. I didn’t even think about that before buying the wheels. I was wondering if the different style valve stem was going to be an issue. They were able to use a band n install the TPMS inside the wheel. Can confirm that works n TPMS sensors reads fine.

Capture.PNG

Sponsored

STi from DSM

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 Audi S4 - Quantum Gray
So I called Fitment Industries (both to get a crash course on wheels/sizing/manufactures/quality/color/style, and winter vs all-seasons) and I was encouraged to go all-season at a 9.5" width with 18" or 19" diameter for Columbus. The rep did say plenty of people run the ITS summer tires all winter up in Wisconsin, but that it isn't encouraged.

For what it's worth, their recommended tire was the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 and they didn't recommend for/against white wheels in the snow, as any wheel in the snow is going to require extra cleaning.
Anyone who recommends a summer tire for a winter climate is an idiot. Maybe if the car came stock with Pilot 3AS+ or something like that I would accept that answer. I used to have white wheels a long time ago. In summer you have to deal with Brake Dust, and in Winter just sloppy snow which can be sprayed out.

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
I also tried a few other tire websites, Costco, American Tire, Big O Tires, Wheel Works - but none of them have all-weather tires for ITS. Maybe because their search engine is not updated? I don't know.
The 2023 Civic Type R has the same wheel/tire size as the DE5 ITS. If you're building a wheel/tire package this won't be optimal because the Civic doesn't use in-wheel TPMS. However, if you're just shopping for tires in the OE size it'll be a direct match.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Anyone who recommends a summer tire for a winter climate is an idiot. Maybe if the car came stock with Pilot 3AS+ or something like that I would accept that answer. I used to have white wheels a long time ago. In summer you have to deal with Brake Dust, and in Winter just sloppy snow which can be sprayed out.
They aren't summer tires...

From Tire Rack:
The ExtremeContact DWS 06 PLUS is Continental's Ultra High Performance All-Season tire developed for drivers of sports cars, sports coupes, performance sedans, SUVs and CUVs. Designed to improve upon key metrics compared to its predecessor, like braking in dry and wet, along with increased traction in snow and ice, the ExtremeContact DWS 06 PLUS is built to deliver skillful handling and high-speed capability with increased confidence for inclement weather, even in light snow.

Audio79

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 99
Got my winter setup put on today. It’s earlier than I would normally do the swap but I am trying to avoid the rush in November.

IMG_0085.jpeg
Set up numbers plz
Sponsored