Type S exhaust note issue on sport+

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
I purchased OBDeleven back when I had my Audi S4. It does not provide the same features for non-euro manufacturers (holding out for the day they do) but it does provide the ability to clear codes.

A cheap alternative for anyone looking.

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra type S
Time for a trip to the dealer. Probably something a recent software update will fix. Others here have had issues with this, but it's usually accompanied by some other warning lights on the dash. There are a couple of threads on this.
What If I’ve had 0 lights pop up. I just lost em. Well they are there. But very hardly can you hear it. It’s like first gear is solid one pop. Second to 5th. 0. And downshifting too. Nothing

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the reply guys, I tried looking online but without any luck. I’ll look again. I have no warning lights, which makes it difficult to diagnose. I’ll keep trying to look for answers idk if this is related to it but I went to the speedway for some spirited driving and deactivated my VDC and traction control for the first time (pedal dance). idk exactly when but a few moments after is when I started to notice the lack of pops and bangs
Please tell me you figured something out

Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
What If I’ve had 0 lights pop up. I just lost em. Well they are there. But very hardly can you hear it. It’s like first gear is solid one pop. Second to 5th. 0. And downshifting too. Nothing
Have you tried reading the codes to see if there’s any?

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
A check engine light wont affect the tone, volume, or frequency of the burbles. It's either all or nothing with the burbles. The few things that I've found to affect the sound are intake or exhaust leaks (loose worm gear clamps, etc), and weather ie; humidity/air density, temperature etc.

@Jcoco were you able to find a solution to your similar issue?

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A check engine light wont affect the tone, volume, or frequency of the burbles. It's either all or nothing with the burbles. The few things that I've found to affect the sound are intake or exhaust leaks (loose worm gear clamps, etc), and weather ie; humidity/air density, temperature etc.

@Jcoco were you able to find a solution to your similar issue?
IMG_3986.jpeg

Sponsored

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Interesting, that does sound like something that could result in reduced burble due to reduced ignition, spark or combustion issues.

Easiest thing to check in this case would be your battery connections maybe check for corrosion/contact.

Outside of that I personally wouldnt know how to disgnose an alternator or ecm/pcm specific issue. Could also be a fuse.

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 integra Type S, ‘97 Integra LS, ‘95 integra SE
Kinda. What was the solution for you?
All I did was delete pending codes that I had, I think I posted it on this thread, I’ll check and get back to you. Also I used a high end scanner not just an ‘off the shelf autoZone’ scanner, do you have one or a friend that has an expensive OBD2 scanner by any chance?

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 integra Type S, ‘97 Integra LS, ‘95 integra SE
Kinda. What was the solution for you?
Okay I just checked and it’s on the second page of this thread, (post #22) I had engine over speed condition and the ecu throws it into limp mode to prevent any damage, hopefully you can resolve the issue!

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okay I just checked and it’s on the second page of this thread, (post #22) I had engine over speed condition and the ecu throws it into limp mode to prevent any damage, hopefully you can resolve the issue!
Welll pop and bang came back in full and that’s as far as I know for now. As I dropped it off at dealership and made it their problem

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interesting, that does sound like something that could result in reduced burble due to reduced ignition, spark or combustion issues.

Easiest thing to check in this case would be your battery connections maybe check for corrosion/contact.

Outside of that I personally wouldnt know how to disgnose an alternator or ecm/pcm specific issue. Could also be a fuse.
Battery was low too. So it’s interesting you say that.
Sponsored