Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Absolutely a valid concern.

For what it's worth, MBRP is under $2k from our friends at @Unity Performance. It ships for free and no sales tax stateside. There is a burnt tip option (though not titanium) and if you want polished, rolled tips it's another $240 or so for a set.
Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s

For what it's worth, MBRP is under $2k from our friends at @Unity Performance. It ships for free and no sales tax stateside. There is a burnt tip option (though not titanium) and if you want polished, rolled tips it's another $240 or so for a set.
I just don't like any of their tips and I don't like the fact the outlet for the center is 3" while the other 2 are 2.5". That makes it hard to find other tips that match. And it's again a slip fit system.

For comparisons sake, here's a nameless exhaust for a 370z, which is much more complicated, comes with higher quality resonators, uses much more material, has better flanges, and is made in the US for roughly half the cost of a milltek system, https://shop.namelessperformance.com/catback-exhaust-2009-370z-5-muffler/.

I'm thankful we have any options, honestly. Unfortunately I think our options are drastically overpriced for what they are. The mbrp should be closer to 900$ or so, and the milltek 1200$ max, but I also get this is a low volume car so there's an roi curve they have to work with. For nearly 3k$ though, it's probably wiser to just take it to a quality local custom fabricator and have them do it. You'll spend less and get a better exhaust, and typically you can work with the fabber to swap resonators or toss helmholtz in to tune as you'd like (while also getting perfect fitment).

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I agree, I came into this platform expecting a $1200 system so there was a bit of sticker shock when pricing was released for the new systems.

My brother just picked up an Invidia system for his Z for roughly half the price of my MBRP. Fully polished, perfect fit, and even came with a spring to ensure no leaks between sections. Granted it's not a valved system but I was a bit envious of what you get for the price compared to our options.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I agree, I came into this platform expecting a $1200 system so there was a bit of sticker shock when pricing was released for the new systems.

My brother just picked up an Invidia system for his Z for roughly half the price of my MBRP. Fully polished, perfect fit, and even came with a spring to ensure no leaks between sections. Granted it's not a valved system but I was a bit envious of what you get for the price compared to our options.
Crazy how the type s exhausts have some sort of up charge .

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
this is a low volume car so there's an roi curve they have to work with.
^this right here. It's also a $50k car, not a clapped out $10k 350z. The exhausts are priced according to what the manufacturers think people will pay, not what they're "worth".

But if they are truly overpriced, the market will correct itself as these things start sitting on shelves, or OEMs start recognizing all the R&D and manufacturing costs that went into building out the production line goes unused. I noticed MBRP dropped their price by about $500 recently, is that right? Seems like a deal to me, especially vs the Milltek and Apex'i for at or near $3k. Over time, I'd expect that price to continue dropping, at least for the other manufacturers to match it (via "sales")... but also probably won't be seeing other exhausts pop up beyond the Borla. Just doesn't make sense from a business perspective to go through all this just to sell 30 units over the next 2.5 years... that's a made-up number but should get the point across. Just do the math of overall volume of ITS sales vs how many people buy exhausts (especially when so much went into the factory exhaust...), and then measure each individual exhaust option against that. Not a great business model TBH.

If it makes anyone feel any better, my benchmark though is still the Kline systems. $5500 for a stainless cat-back (but including over-axle pipes which some vendors charge more for), and an eye-watering $9500 for Inconel, but yes that's true race-car materials and it looks and sounds glorious. It is truly wishful thinking to consider they'd make an exhaust for this car but if they did they could probably charge whatever they want for it and I'd find a way to come up with the cash based on previous experience with the brand.

https://flat6motorsports.com/collec...t-back-exhaust-718-gt4?variant=47766682894638

Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Car(s)
FK8 CTR, FC1 Si, FL5 Type R and Type S on order

Thank you for the shout @Tw1stedlog1k ! Hope to get our Sponsor Tag shortly :)

The MBRP's available, and right now the cheapest resonator + muffler exhaust option is the Remark Triple Tip. No valve however, but from the clips it sounds pretty tame for not having a valve, which is a good thing.

I'm more than happy to offer Free Shipping + a $50 USD credit for the first buyer who's an active forum member, and can share a detailed review of their install and overall impressions. The current lead time is 20-days.

https://unity-performance.com/produ...ype-s-de5?_pos=1&_psq=remark+de5&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Remark's sound clips

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Thank you for the shout @Tw1stedlog1k ! Hope to get our Sponsor Tag shortly :)

The MBRP's available, and right now the cheapest resonator + muffler exhaust option is the Remark Triple Tip. No valve however, but from the clips it sounds pretty tame for not having a valve, which is a good thing.

I'm more than happy to offer Free Shipping + a $50 USD credit for the first buyer who's an active forum member, and can share a detailed review of their install and overall impressions. The current lead time is 20-days.

https://unity-performance.com/produ...ype-s-de5?_pos=1&_psq=remark+de5&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Remark's sound clips
Sounds good but now that I have a car that is valved , I don't think I could get another exhaust without it , especially having a child that sometimes falls asleep in the car on long rides. It's nice to have the option to tone it down a bit if need be.

Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Car(s)
Sounds good but now that I have a car that is valved , I don't think I could get another exhaust without it , especially having a child that sometimes falls asleep in the car on long rides. It's nice to have the option to tone it down a bit if need be.
I know what you mean, the valve has been worth keeping for most of the customers so far. We've sold a few AWE's to DE5 owners, mostly younger guys that didn't mind the valve open, and price point is lower too.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Yeah- it may seem like there aren't a lot of options but there are actually a good amount to get started. And honestly- I think this is about all we're gonna get. Let me take the opportunity to remind everyone that they don't make this car in Japan, so there's no reason for a Japanese manufacturer to import one just to fabricate a product they can't sell in their local market. I.e., don't hold your breath for the JDM options to materialize for the DE5.

If Kline or Akrapovic said they were in pre-production, I'd suspend my search. But failing that, I see no reason to hold off and I'm going to pick one myself soon.

Off the top of my head, we currently have:

MBRP, Milltek, AWE, Apex'i, Remark, and Borla on the way

MBRP and Milltek Road+ both fit this description. Right now you can get MBRP for about $500 less than Milltek.

edit- PRESUMABLY the HRC car that debuted a few weeks ago will introduce a new set of parts that were on that car. There was a very interesting exhaust on that car that might be worth waiting for more details on.
the exhaust on that HRC car is borla

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
I know what you mean, the valve has been worth keeping for most of the customers so far. We've sold a few AWE's to DE5 owners, mostly younger guys that didn't mind the valve open, and price point is lower too.
Yet, AWE claims their 180-technology produces equal results as a valved system…

I’m curious, what have you seen to be the best selling exhaust for the DE5?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Car(s)
Yet, AWE claims their 180-technology produces equal results as a valved system…

I’m curious, what have you seen to be the best selling exhaust for the DE5?
So far, MBRP, with AWE and Milltek trailing right behind

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!