Sponsored

Any new Exhaust's in the works ?

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Wondering if anyone knows of any new exhausts that are possibly in the works for our car ? I been looking and I am not really crazy about anything at the moment , unless someone has a recommendation . So far I'd say my favorite is the Apexi but I don't know if I want to give up the triple tip. I also feel it's not much louder than stock from the 2 videos I have seen. Hoping maybe Invidia comes out with something as they are for the Fl5 . Also would love to see Valvetronic make one but I doubt it.
Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Judging volume from youttube videos is going to be super unreliable though so unless you've heard them in person, I don't think it's a good idea to form an opinion on it. Same goes for feedback - that's also subjective.

Anyway, as far as I know the only thing that's coming down the pipeline for sure is Borla.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Judging volume from youttube videos is going to be super unreliable though so unless you've heard them in person, I don't think it's a good idea to form an opinion on it. Same goes for feedback - that's also subjective.

Anyway, as far as I know the only thing that's coming down the pipeline for sure is Borla.
Yeah always hard to judge by a youtube video or any video , I agree. I saw the Borla coming out. I even saw a user that had one and posted some images. I'd really like something JDM but am open to others also if they sound great.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Yeah always hard to judge by a youtube video or any video , I agree. I saw the Borla coming out. I even saw a user that had one and posted some images. I'd really like something JDM but am open to others also if they sound great.
That’s me lol. They used mine to fit their FL5 exhaust since our cars are slightly longer.

Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Though there aren't many yet, I've lost track of all the options for our platform.

What are you looking for in terms of volume?

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Though there aren't many yet, I've lost track of all the options for our platform.

Clean , crisp deeper tone with no drone , some sound at idle . Something that isn’t so loud but when I put it in sport + I want it to be loud so it would need to be valved but somewhat quiet in comfort mode . 3 tips would be a plus also and burnt titanium . I have seen all the options so far that are out .

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

Yeah- it may seem like there aren't a lot of options but there are actually a good amount to get started. And honestly- I think this is about all we're gonna get. Let me take the opportunity to remind everyone that they don't make this car in Japan, so there's no reason for a Japanese manufacturer to import one just to fabricate a product they can't sell in their local market. I.e., don't hold your breath for the JDM options to materialize for the DE5.

If Kline or Akrapovic said they were in pre-production, I'd suspend my search. But failing that, I see no reason to hold off and I'm going to pick one myself soon.

Off the top of my head, we currently have:

MBRP, Milltek, AWE, Apex'i, Remark, and Borla on the way

Clean , crisp deeper tone with no drone , some sound at idle . Something that isn’t so loud but when I put it in sport + I want it to be loud so it would need to be valved but somewhat quiet in comfort mode . 3 tips would be a plus also and burnt titanium . I have seen all the options so far that are out .
MBRP and Milltek Road+ both fit this description. Right now you can get MBRP for about $500 less than Milltek.

edit- PRESUMABLY the HRC car that debuted a few weeks ago will introduce a new set of parts that were on that car. There was a very interesting exhaust on that car that might be worth waiting for more details on.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Yeah- it may seem like there aren't a lot of options but there are actually a good amount to get started. And honestly- I think this is about all we're gonna get. Let me take the opportunity to remind everyone that they don't make this car in Japan, so there's no reason for a Japanese manufacturer to import one just to fabricate a product they can't sell in their local market. I.e., don't hold your breath for the JDM options to materialize for the DE5.

If Kline or Akrapovic said they were in pre-production, I'd suspend my search. But failing that, I see no reason to hold off and I'm going to pick one myself soon.

Off the top of my head, we currently have:

MBRP, Milltek, AWE, Apex'i, Remark, and Borla on the way

MBRP and Milltek Road+ both fit this description. Right now you can get MBRP for about $500 less than Milltek.

edit- PRESUMABLY the HRC car that debuted a few weeks ago will introduce a new set of parts that were on that car. There was a very interesting exhaust on that car that might be worth waiting for more details on.
My favorite has been the Apexi with mbrp and milltek , I see the HRC is using the Borla . I wonder if it’s the same system the user on the forums got for testing . No rush on my end so I can wait a bit . I’m also doubtful anything else made in Japan will come but somewhat hopeful as well bc I thought it only take a few minor changes for them to make the fl5 exhausts work with the de5 . What do I know though

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The HRC has a Borla on it. Likely the same one that they just produced for the DE5. They just have some crazy tips on it. If they're the standard Carbon tips they make, they're like a $1,000 option, just for the tips.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The HRC has a Borla on it. Likely the same one that they just produced for the DE5. They just have some crazy tips on it. If they're the standard Carbon tips they make, they're like a $1,000 option, just for the tips.
Sure enough is the Borla. I do remember a clip I watched a while ago of Borla working with HRC on one of their race cars. I still have yet to hear clips of the production version.

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
There is functionwerk. I’ve only seen a few Instagram videos here and there but nothing to give me a good sense of where this lies against competitors.

My buddy has a remark on his FL5 which sounds really good. I would put it as a direct competitor to the AWE touring. I’d love to see remark come out with the triple trip option on the DE5 so we can retain the valve.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
There is functionwerk. I’ve only seen a few Instagram videos here and there but nothing to give me a good sense of where this lies against competitors.

My buddy has a remark on his FL5 which sounds really good. I would put it as a direct competitor to the AWE touring. I’d love to see remark come out with the triple trip option on the DE5 so we can retain the valve.
Awe is nice but I want to use my valve and that doesn’t . There’s some nice options for the fl5 that we don’t get . A remark triple would be nice .

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
You know I was thinking, what's really stopping anyone from buying a FL5 exhaust and just extending the tips a few inches? They all have the same mounting points so technically our list of options is longer than it actually is.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
You know I was thinking, what's really stopping anyone from buying a FL5 exhaust and just extending the tips a few inches? They all have the same mounting points so technically our list of options is longer than it actually is.
Fear at throwing money into something that may not work out. Sure, you can't win without trying, but you also can't lose either. Fear cripples.

I just wish the mbrp and milltek weren't over $2k for a 500$ slip fit exhaust. It's some bent, oversized pipe, and a couple mufflers folks. For $2.5k I'd expect they made it out of titanium. Don't even get me started on milltek offering tips that tip the scales over $3k for an incredibly basic system. Maybe I'm delusional, but I've paid half these costs for exhausts for other cars, including full titanium tomei setups.

That said, the only option I like right now is the cheapest milltek setup and then buy resonated tips from ARK. The resonated tips would help cut drone at 80mph cruising and also help mature the pops once the exhaust is opened up more. And that right there brings the milltek over $3k.
Sponsored